Quantcast

2016 Rocky Mountain Maiden

Rigger

Chimp
Jul 29, 2004
NV
Well it's either the new Rocky, or that guy (who works for Rocky) is gonna be looking for a new job!
Ken knows what's going on. This is all marketing as DH sales are done for the year. Looks like an Aurum for sure. Big improvement over the last generation of tanks.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I'm with the OP, I'd guess Rocky Mountain from the seat tube gusset.

Beyond the fun of guessing, I don't really have much interest, not seeing much new these days. Unless Yeti comes out with a DH bike with the Switch...
Just spent a week riding an altitude from Wells/Barkerville/Williams Lake/100 mile house/Spruce Lake/Lilooet/Whistler....not my favorite bike.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
What position did you run the cube in?
Or, what didn't you like?
I freakin' love mine, but it took some tinkering.
Honestly, no idea. Everytime I felt like I made a run and made the bike feel better and more to my likings I'd get back on it and something had been changed again. I think the cube was set in the 2nd slackest configuration. But the tire pressures, rebound and air pressures for the suspension were not something I had a chance to get fit properly. The bike either felt overly chattery, or it dove a lot under breaking up front while the rear felt rock solid like a hard tail.

I would imagine with more time and the correct sized frame (I prefer a medium, was on a large) I could get it tuned to my likings and probably would have enjoyed the bike.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
It's the bike IronHorse designed to replace the Sunday. Used Ellsworth ICT suspension and also featured grease ports that allowed the rider to quickly and efficiently add nacho cheese/salsa depending on their preference.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
and you guys sh!t on pinkbike's forums/comments?
indeed. the routine here is getting tedious (no offence to anyone in particular, but the signal to noise seems to have degraded significantly). i miss the quality nerding out (with various industry cameos) of the olden days. seems most are afraid to poke their heads in here now. for good reason i suppose.

Last edited: