Quantcast

2017 offseason guessing game - gossip thread

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Summary: Let's dumb it down for TV.
It then would at least fit to all the trails that average Joe rides that get straightened out and the trees cut so that 29ers with 800 mm bars can ride them. And while they are at it they also remove some roots and such and build artificial rock gardens that don't destroy expensive carbon wheels. :rant:

But seriously: if everybody including the riders complain that there is not enough money in the sport but on the other side don't want to make the compromises that are needed to get more outside sponsors interested then this is getting silly. You can't have it all. I don't care personally, I do like to ride myself and like exciting racing. Even some local races on shitty courses can be exciting if there is good competition.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
The only rider they have left unnacounted for from the DH programme is Mike jones

Edit: CRC Nukeproof also have Elliott Heap still on the DH roster

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Sad to see Needles leave the circuit, but he was looking less like a threat each season. I hope he can move into some team management or something.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
When I hear Adam Brayton my first thought is big balls and no fear. Wothout a doubt one of my favorite riders to watch.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
And Graeme Mudd is on Trek with the Athertons, as well as a Brit Junior Kade Edwards

peecee

Monkey
Apr 27, 2012
Australia
I know this is the new Norco DH Bike but what shock is that on it ? and why Boxxer when Blinki is on Fox on the new Norco Range he was spotted on a while ago and from Wyn earlier today

IMG_0856.PNG

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
I feel like i saw that proto a super long time ago... or is it just me and my bongshed?

p.s following the Master brothers on snapchat is the greatest thing I have ever done with my life.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sounds like the end of BOS. No major teams using their suspension anymore, or?
Maybe Polygon was too annoyed that they only could get spare parts after 3 months of wait and had to send in their forks and shocks for service that then costed 1/3 of the price of buying new?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
BOS is a mystery really. Superb products, but a complete mess in terms of client service.
They could be THE big player in the sport if they only sorted their behavior. The products definitely were not the problem.
I blame the french.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Sounds like the end of BOS. No major teams using their suspension anymore, or?
Maybe Polygon was too annoyed that they only could get spare parts after 3 months of wait and had to send in their forks and shocks for service that then costed 1/3 of the price of buying new?
Who knows? Don't YT still spec OEM high-end build with BOS? Maybe the "ultra-high-end" niche for suspension is getting a little too crowded with Öhlins, DVO, and (for shocks) Push, all on the market, and Bos just feels it's not worth the effort?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Who knows? Don't YT still spec OEM high-end build with BOS? Maybe the "ultra-high-end" niche for suspension is getting a little too crowded with Öhlins, DVO, and (for shocks) Push, all on the market, and Bos just feels it's not worth the effort?
Nope, YT is on Fox for their highend offerings now.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
BOS is a mystery really. Superb products, but a complete mess in terms of client service.
They could be THE big player in the sport if they only sorted their behavior. The products definitely were not the problem.
I blame the french.
Sounds like a company ripe for a takeover.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
The UR team really is grabbing some niche sponsors:
Frames - Polygon
Suspension - Suntour (dvo rear shocks?)
Brakes - trickstuff/Galfer rotors
Drive train - Box
Tyres - Kenda
Other components - a blend of Spank, Reverse, VP and Ks

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
FWIW Vital just did a review of the revised Rux and said it was pretty good, much better than original Rux.
It won a bronze at Worlds too, so I'm sure it's a fine fork. But for the same reason I'm not going back to the Sushi place that made me do inhuman things to the toilet, I doubt I'd buy a Ruxxx over a boxxer or 40.

At least Polygon will be on a fork that can be serviced without sending it to France though.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
+1 to the lizard people for @trib 's new sig line...

As to comparisons between the Rux, Boxxer and the Fox 40, consider this: all 3 have the letter "x" in the full name...And a new Vin Diesel XXX movie is out...Coincidence? :tinfoil:

I'm afraid I've said too much.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Well, yes, seriously those are the team sponsors.

Would I chose any of those products above pretty much any other option? No.
The Trickstuff brakes I would chose. Same for Spank and Reverse stuff.
Not sure about Kenda tires, but there is always the Gwinning way of Sharpie-ing a different brand tire.