Quantcast

New Whip? New toys for the dependable steed?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Well, after my evening ride on Sunday, I decided it was time to take the bike in.

I had some low friction seals put in my 350CR which feel nice and glidey, and are red, so, win.

I also had them lube up my Turbine dropper which was starting to feel a bit "grindy" (opposite of glidey), in the name of preventative maintenance.

Then I decided that it was time to have a matching front Flow MKIII laced up for moar wide front wheelness and matchiness. I found a cheap hub on PB, and I deserve it.

Less "win" is that the pedal insert on my cranks broke free during the ride. Very win is that I'm expecting a replacement set by the weekend.

I think I need some new rotors and pads. I suspect contamination. Dammit.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Had quite a few margaritas at the neighborhood cinco de mayo party...came home trashed and ordered parts for the Delirium. X-Fusion RV1 and a DHX X2 8.75 x 2.75 on their way. Hopefully I didn't order a 26" fork and some OEM DHX with a Specialized mount.

:bonk:

I'll be long shocking the Delirium with the X2, should bump up travel to 185mm. Will add an offset bushing and 1 degree cups to bring the geometry back in line.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
New ride after a few months on the wait list. Built it up 2 days ago, finally getting out to ride today - some fresh mud awaits thanks to the return of the wet weather.

170mm 36 RC2 up front, and trying out the CCDB Coil Inline out back. Lots of tuning work to do between both, but really stoked on how solid the bike feels. The finish quality on this frame is absolutely insane...

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Wow, nice! How long have you been a dentist?
Look at the cranks. Obviously not a dentist. No self-respecting over-charging dentist would ever put aluminum cranks on a bike. He's one of those poor people buying lobster with food-stamps that Trump warned us about.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Couple of new bits for the Patrol that compliment each other nicely.

Replaced the XT brakes and Reverb dropper with Hope E4s and a BikeYoke 160mm Revive with their Triggy lever.

Happy with both changes so far. The E4 levers suit my stumpy fingers much better than the XTs and the power and modulation has been awesome. Hopefully they stay consistent over time.

The Revive dropper is basically just how droppers should be. I was worried when I heard that they can get mushy if stored upside down, but the reset procedure is so quick and easy its a non-issue.

Brakes.jpg

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
Replaced the XT brakes and Reverb dropper with Hope E4s and a BikeYoke 160mm Revive with their Triggy lever.
Coincidentally, those are two things I've been eyeing up for my Suppressor. My old shimanos are starting to show symptoms of lever death syndrome again (filthy black brake fluid) and the venerable reverb is starting to sag, again…

So far though, it's only had a new saddle.
IMG_1145.jpg

swkshepherd

Chimp
Nov 19, 2016
2013 Rune with X-Fusion Vector coil, offset bushings, X-Fusion Vengeance HLR Coil, and 26" wheels...

So clearly I'm not a dentist. You can trust me.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Trail - 2013 Spitfire - dependable steed, upgraded last year with a new wheelset built of 27.5 carbon rimz and Hadley hubs. I want to replace the brakes this year, debating between Hope Tech or Race E4 and Avid Guides.

DH - 2015 Darkside - actually new old stock bought at the end of last year. First ride on it was Monday, still dialing it in.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Picked up a new trail/fun bike for this year. Grabbed a Nukeproof Mega 275 based mainly on price. Swapped out the tires to some Minions and swapped out the rear shock for a Monarch RT3. Otherwise it's all stock.
Same DH bike as last year. NS Fuzz. New tires, stem/bars and chainguide. Other than that, same as last year. Most fun DH I've ever owned.
Mega.jpg
NS Fuzz.jpg

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Same old Knolly Podium V2.

Now with 27.5 front wheel! - Hope Pro4/DTChamp/Brass/WTB Freq I25/Wild Rockr'2
That's what I'm doing to my 303R as well...only lower-tier build because I didn't want to tie up a lot in an experiment: Origin8 hub/DT Comp/brass/Sun Ringle' Inferno 31. My RST Killah was 27.5 anyway, so it was an easy decision to give it a go. Oh, and going tubeless with Orange Seal and Gorilla tape...finally.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Same bikes as the last three years. The YT is hitting the market at the moment though.
Giant Trance SX in XL. The 150mm dropper is missing in this pic.
IMG_0603.jpg

And my lovely YT Tues in L from 2013 in raw:
DSC03702.jpg

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Added the RV1 and swapped the 8.5 x 2.5 X2 for an 8.75 x 2.75 DHX2 to bring travel up to 185mm (Knolly approved). Added a -2mm offset bushing and -1 degree headset cup to bring the BB and head angle back in line. Just need to add a 9-46 cassette so I don't need to swap drivetrains for resort riding.

Full coil again :)

Last edited:

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
Added the RV1 (full coil) and swapped the 8.5 x 2.5 X2 for an 8.75 x 2.75 DHX2 to bring travel up to 185mm (Knolly approved). Added a -2mm offset bushing and -1 degree headset cup to bring the BB and head angle back in line. Just need to add a 9-46 cassette so I don't need to swap drivetrains for resort riding.

Is that an outdoor fireplace or is it a pizza oven?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Added the RV1 and swapped the 8.5 x 2.5 X2 for an 8.75 x 2.75 DHX2 to bring travel up to 185mm (Knolly approved). Added a -2mm offset bushing and -1 degree headset cup to bring the BB and head angle back in line. Just need to add a 9-46 cassette so I don't need to swap drivetrains for resort riding.

Full coil again :)

Wow nice bike. What exactly is it for? I see a slack DH fork but no bottom chainguide and a long cage RD, yet no dropper.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Wow nice bike. What exactly is it for? I see a slack DH fork but no bottom chainguide and a long cage RD, yet no dropper.
It's for DH I have to climb to. There is a dropper on there in the pic. The chainguide wasn't playing nice so I pulled it off, need to pick up something else.

CheetaMike

Monkey
Jul 17, 2016
Whonnock BC Canada
same bike for me for now , 2015 Kona Process 167 , it,s got RF carbon cranks, Monarch shock , 28h light weight wheels , and a oval :) . Very fun bike , planing on keeping it and adding a 29" aggressive trail bike to the mix .

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA

...I think I'm starting to get a little weird. If anyone catches me blabbering on about fully rigid bikes or single speeds, or those handle bars that are all swoopy and bendy, please get me help.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
New green bits, pedals and ti coil have been put on the purple nurple DHR. Also put the brakes back on it. Ready to friggin' rock.

Had to replace the guide bits and chain ring after 3 of the chainring bolts fell out last summer and bent the fuck out of everything. :rofl:

If anyone has 3 spare of those fancy gold Saint bolts laying around...I'll buy 'em.

Thank you to @Nick for pointing out the coil for sale. Will check for your coil tomorrow. :)

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Still on my 2014 E29, sticky ass E13 front tire is my only upgrade, but I seem to have mineral oil leaking out onto my pads on my new Zee brakes, so I gotta do some work there.
Does shimano warranty for this kind of BS?