Quantcast

20171129 Wednesday GMT 92117102

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Wednesday me is going to be mad at Tuesday me for drinking like it was Saturday. But Wednesday me doesn’t know that yet. Shhh. Thursday me is gonna be pissed, and have to hustle to make up for tomorrow’s lack of whatever I was supposed to do tomorrow.

Hilarie pointed out that the bathroom sink faucet was dripping. I spent most of yesterday attempting to address the issue. I'm many hours and more than fifty bucks into it, and still need more parts. The faucet was dripping, and it rapidly became clear that both shutoff valves weren't closing fully and had been leaking for a while. Replaced the valves and one faucet cartridge, ordered a second, then discovered yet another leak. For no, the sink offers no water.

I have been working for a few days with a few other people to decide which VMBA chapters get trail grants, and how much. Lots of late and incomplete applications. Need to present results at annual meeting tomorrow night.

I'm planning to scope out a new trail this afternoon.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
First day back to work after my Thanksgiving road trip with the family.

590 unread emails... well, I guess I know what I'm doing today.

***EDIT*** Make that 674 unread emails (Outlook hadn't fully loaded yet)

Last edited:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Ah Wednesday. Glorious Wednesday.

I have been in the process of covering my back porch with plastic for the winter. It lets me stack a couple cord of wood on the porch and it stays dry. This year I made some frames that I can remove that I just screw into place. It is faster to use a brad nailer and wood strapping to attach the plastic vs a stapler. So I finished up my framing and hauled out my brad nailer to get to work and it won't fire. Every time I pull the trigger it just hisses air. Other than replacing the trigger O ring, any one have any thoughts as to why it shit the bed? Oiled at every use, but I only use it a few times a year,

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Have meetings from 830-10, 1030-1130, and 1-230 today. This does not bode well for my productivity.

Got some chicken tikka masala bubbling away in the crock pot at home. Hoping it's tasty, I've never really cooked anything Indian before.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Had that last night - I usually add about a tsp of lemon juice for a little acidity to the masala sauce. It's usually a bit rich and needs some balance.
Good to know!

I marinated the chicken in yogurt and sauteed the onions, garlic, and ginger ahead of time as well. Took the liberty of adding a dash of cayenne pepper and chili powder too, hoping that won't overpower the rest of the spices.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's going to be a beautiful day - nearly 70 deg. and sunny. Picked a bad day not to call in sick....and to stop sniffing glue.

Go out there and be awesome.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Pretty cool sky on the commute to work. Dark clouds above, but the horizon was glowing red and clear. Had a spectacular view of the CN Tower from about 50km away, up on the moraine. Tried to take a picture, but the potato camera omitted the tower.

Have been in my chair for 10 minutes and already have to get up. But this time its to poop, so I'm A-Okay with that.

Should also note that the coffee machine has had coffee in it for three days in a row, upon my arrival here. Its shocking.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Should also note that the coffee machine has had coffee in it for three days in a row, upon my arrival here. Its shocking.
My work has two Keurigs with 6 different flavors for us in the breakroom - they keep us jacked up and ready to kill a fool at any moment. Sometimes, I just run the 45 miles home at full sprint after a full day of mainlining java.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

///Motorcycle spewed oil on me on the way home last night. Clearly something is not as tight as it should be. Dogs are quite worked up this morning. I'll take them for a walk, then perhaps I'll take dog #3 for a run. Several weeks of household chores to catch up on as well. It's rather cold outside.

if any of you have bitcoins, then buy monocles for the rest of us
I'm not smart enough to really understand how all these cyrptocurrency things work, but I remain unconvinced that they are anything more than a nerded up version of buying gold from Glenn Beck.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Have meetings from 830-10, 1030-1130, and 1-230 today. This does not bode well for my productivity.
Remember to look cheery and involved!

if any of you have bitcoins, then buy monocles for the rest of us
I'm not smart enough to really understand how all these cyrptocurrency things work, but I remain unconvinced that they are anything more than a nerded up version of buying gold from Glenn Beck.
It is total speculation. I jumped in in July or so with a few ducats. I'm going to sit on my pile until I'm ready to retire: worth nothing? I'm fine with that. Buy me a car? I'm fine with that. Buy me a plane? Great. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Hilarie pointed out that the bathroom sink faucet was dripping. I spent most of yesterday attempting to address the issue. I'm many hours and more than fifty bucks into it, and still need more parts. The faucet was dripping, and it rapidly became clear that both shutoff valves weren't closing fully and had been leaking for a while. Replaced the valves and one faucet cartridge, ordered a second, then discovered yet another leak. For no, the sink offers no water.

I have been working for a few days with a few other people to decide which VMBA chapters get trail grants, and how much. Lots of late and incomplete applications. Need to present results at annual meeting tomorrow night.

I'm planning to scope out a new trail this afternoon.
I hate plumbing. Back in March, my son dropped a glass tumbler in the sink, cracking it. I had to find a drop-in sink that would a) fit in the hole, but not be too big and b) meet my wife's aesthetic preference. Then I discovered my faucet had been leaking too and the key-thingy that threads under the counter and holds it secure had corroded into nothingness... then I discovered the cartridge was leaking. When I went to ask about ordering a cartridge, I discovered the previous owners of the house had bought a $700 faucet. SEVEN. HUNDRED. FUCKING DOLLARS. FOR A FUCKING FAUCET?!?!?! ///Faucet.... anyways, I decided it was worth trying to keep it, so I ordered the cartridge and discovered it too had corroded into place. I brought it to the fancy hardware store from whence it was procured, and they didn't have the right tools to take it out (would have needed a chamferless 1" socket) so they used an adjustable spanner and rounded the fuck out of the bolts, and gouged the $700 chrome... then I discovered one of the gaskets had been crushed and torn. so I went back to the fancy hardware store, and lo and behold, it's not a standard size rubber washer (lizard plumbers?!). In their defence, the store pulled a washer off their showroom floor model. But I'm so sick of that fucking thing that I haven't installed it yet. I also bought the plug drain thingy that's the wrong size for the drain pipe. It's just a little too small. I probably need some sort of conical rubber washer to seal it, but it's not leaking so I can't be bothered. I hate plumbing.

On another note, I went to the orthodontist for my son today. Looks like his teeth are going to cost my wife and I $2500 for phase 1. Who knows what phase 2 will bring. But to be honest, I'd heard of some bills into the 10s and 20s of thousands, so I'm ok with that. And I have dental insurance through work. It's not the best plan, but it should cover about 80% so I'm not too fussed.

I hate plumbing. Back in March, my son dropped a glass tumbler in the sink, cracking it. I had to find a drop-in sink that would a) fit in the hole, but not be too big and b) meet my wife's aesthetic preference. Then I discovered my faucet had been leaking too and the key-thingy that threads under the counter and holds it secure had corroded into nothingness... then I discovered the cartridge was leaking. When I went to ask about ordering a cartridge, I discovered the previous owners of the house had bought a $700 faucet. SEVEN. HUNDRED. FUCKING DOLLARS. FOR A FUCKING FAUCET?!?!?! ///Faucet.... anyways, I decided it was worth trying to keep it, so I ordered the cartridge and discovered it too had corroded into place. I brought it to the fancy hardware store from whence it was procured, and they didn't have the right tools to take it out (would have needed a chamferless 1" socket) so they used an adjustable spanner and rounded the fuck out of the bolts, and gouged the $700 chrome... then I discovered one of the gaskets had been crushed and torn. so I went back to the fancy hardware store, and lo and behold, it's not a standard size rubber washer (lizard plumbers?!). In their defence, the store pulled a washer off their showroom floor model. But I'm so sick of that fucking thing that I haven't installed it yet. I also bought the plug drain thingy that's the wrong size for the drain pipe. It's just a little too small. I probably need some sort of conical rubber washer to seal it, but it's not leaking so I can't be bothered. I hate plumbing.

On another note, I went to the orthodontist for my son today. Looks like his teeth are going to cost my wife and I $2500 for phase 1. Who knows what phase 2 will bring. But to be honest, I'd heard of some bills into the 10s and 20s of thousands, so I'm ok with that. And I have dental insurance through work. It's not the best plan, but it should cover about 80% so I'm not too fussed.
Ummm, the faucet I'm working on is the $700- flavor, a Kohler K-108-4 G which I had installed in 1985.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
////////////faucet

The fancy one in our kitchen is all rusty around the extensible hose thing \\\faucet.
i just replaced out kitchen faucet over the weekend. it was on sale, $130 from costco. during the installation process i googled it and we apparently paid half of what it actually retails for.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
For some reason everyone was driving like they are deeply unhappy with important parts of their lives today, meanwhile my 7 energy disks are vibrating like mofos.

I get to spend tonight up in the hills with my lady. Cooking dinner for her then sitting by the fire all nite with vino. :thumbs:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Today is going to be interesting. I actually have zero idea of the direction my life might take after 11:00 today. This morning has been all the more confusing, so right now I just shake my head and laugh. I do have a semi-important phone call at 2:00 regardless of todays mid day event.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
someone asked me how i was doing....

response......better than matt lauer...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
professionally or existentially?
Yes, actually. It is an intersection and while the choice will ultimately be mine either way, there are other outside influences that are outside of my control.

I know the universe works in ways I can't explain and I know all things happen for a reason. Even if that reason is you are an idiot and make poor life choices, the reason is still there. But the reason isn't always as apparent as that. :rofl:

There has been a meeting on my calendar for 3 weeks now that has been pushed out, moved, canceled, and rescheduled a number of times in the last 3 weeks. It moved twice yesterday, but I think it is solid for today at 10:30. But you never know.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I am back from my extended weekend marathon trip. My flight landed at 11:00 and now I am in my work cubicle like a good little slave.

I ran my marathon in 3:13:46. My goal was 3:10 but this was still a personal best and I'm thrilled with it. I finished high up in the results too. 5 out of 126 in my age group and 33 out of 1555 overall. Top 2%. Heh. It's funny to hear Florida people complain about the "hills" in that race. 225' of elevation gain over 26.2 miles, for chrissakes. I run more uphill when I go more than a mile from my house.