Quantcast

2018 offseason guessing game & rumour thread

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Bulldog back on Mondraker. I hope he gets back to form next season.
What is up with the „MS Development team“? Can someone explain how the four riders on that program will be integrated? Will they have like 7 riders in th Motodrome?!

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Hopefully this means DVO OEM on their higher end builds, instead of that RS crap.
with a shock that is specific (I think) to the Giant maestro suspension platform

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/15533483/
yes. they will have a 'maestro tuned' topaz spec'd on upcoming models. trance and reign i'd assume since they've redesigned the piggyback to fit the tighter space on the trance that doesn't allow longer piggybacks to clear on full compression.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
hah, wonder if he is racing for them.

Also on the subject of Alchemy, I am curious about how they can field 2 EWS racers (and haircare needs)?
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/alchemy-bicycles-signs-anneke-beerten-and-cody-kelley-for-2018.html
Agreed. Apparently Alchemy does lots of road, too.

But seriously? Lopes? Any brand that sponsors him needs to be filed under "this is what's wrong with the industry"

Okay, maybe not all his sponsors. But I want to see him pay for his own frame. That's all.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
wonder if their EWS team will find a shampoo sponsor that will protect both hair and carbon fiber frames from UV radiation all in one product.
Clearly the best chance for Schwarzkopf to enter the market:

Muddy trails in Ireland, the hair stays in place. Three weather taft.
8 hours wearing a helmet, the hair stays in place. Three weather taft.
Mounting new slip-ons, the grips stay in put. Three weather taft.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I must say that the end of an era is near with Gwin, Atherton, Hart and Minnar being the only ones left. It's kind of a shame to see that era of all stars dwindling down. It seems that the new "class" like Bruni, Greenland, Vergier, and Brosnan are great, but not steady competition. I know Bruni won the rainbow jersey twice, but has he won any other races? It seems that for a decade the top 15 could be mixed up every race. Now it seems it's mainly between Minnar and Gwin with the others fighting for a top 10. Go ahead and start bitching at me!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I must say that the end of an era is near with Gwin, Atherton, Hart and Minnar being the only ones left. It's kind of a shame to see that era of all stars dwindling down. It seems that the new "class" like Bruni, Greenland, Vergier, and Brosnan are great, but not steady competition. I know Bruni won the rainbow jersey twice, but has he won any other races? It seems that for a decade the top 15 could be mixed up every race. Now it seems it's mainly between Minnar and Gwin with the others fighting for a top 10. Go ahead and start bitching at me!
hey man, opinions are like assholes... somethin' somethin'...

:D