Quantcast

2018 offseason guessing game & rumour thread

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Unno team with Greg Williamson (former, possibly current Brit national champ) and Taylor Vernon (former Atherton Racing JR) sounds intriguing.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
What now? Do we speculate on their home lives? Will Bruni become a father? Does Wyn's obsession with porcelain kittens affect his training? Has Gwin ever wonder what if he'd followed his dreams and gotten into country music?
we use the remaining time till croatia and bitch about the track, the uci and ebikes in general and then back to normal in september

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
GT must be pissed the cat's out of the bag on this one.
Absolutely. They must have sold... What?.. 7? of those last DH bikes they had. They must be hoping for double figures with this one, eh?

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
That's awesome. Also, from the looks of it, a big portion of the WC regulars are already at Windrock this year.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

This...I really don't give a fuck about the track, who's racing, the bikes or results - I'm only interested in how many spectators they have at an event (especially if they have a guy rocking a Brian Lopes shirt, beating an old rim with a handlebar...can never have enough of that guy).

IMHO, they should just have all 7 rounds (and World Champs) at Ft. Bill because they have a lot of people down at the finish line.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Also, the driving radius surrounding WR is full of people that are into bikes particularly the downhill kind. I'll be surprised if it's not well attended--I'll try to get a head count (when not banging an old DH rim and spraying beer on riders) when I'm there. :cheers:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Also, the driving radius surrounding WR is full of people that are into bikes particularly the downhill kind. I'll be surprised if it's not well attended--I'll try to get a head count (when not banging an old DH rim and spraying beer on riders) when I'm there. :cheers:
If you don't get your ass out you've failed us

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
that's great and all but not something the UCI really cares about. does WR have the infrastructure to host and accommodate the WC circus? but more importantly, do they have the MONEYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
windrock was a progrt. whats this second WC stop you speak of?
was thinking windham, and WR as priming themselves to be a future stop. snowshoe would be the other logical east coast venue. they’ve got the terrain and the village up top is good-sized. prob with both SS and WR is distance from decent urban centers, but hell, most WC stops aren’t that close, are they?

when i went to usa natl’s at beech a few years back, the course was lined with spectators/hecklers.