Quantcast

2018 RM Altitude...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Levy reviewed it over on Pinkbike. Or rather gave his first impressions. I don't really understand his review though because he says the Slayer pedals better, but the Altitude is more fun. But I don't quite get that. If the Slayer pedals better and is better at going down... then what does the Altitude do better? manoeuvre?

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
Levy reviewed it over on Pinkbike. Or rather gave his first impressions. I don't really understand his review though because he says the Slayer pedals better, but the Altitude is more fun. But I don't quite get that. If the Slayer pedals better and is better at going down... then what does the Altitude do better? manoeuvre?
That left me a bit curious too. Sounded like he appreciated the quicker handling and better "non-charging" characteristics of the Altitude.

Rocky Mountain looks like they are figuring stuff out. Really want to swing a leg over their bikes.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
The way I understands it is that the Slayer is a monster that often feels like "too much bike", while the Altitude is more adapted to a wider range of trails.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
What I'm zeroing in on is that I want a bike like this with decent geometry, and a bit less travel, but that is as stiff as an old freeride bike. Don't know if that exists. Bikes like this and the scout are tempting, but I worry that the frames are lightened up and will be noodles under me, which I don't care for.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
What I'm zeroing in on is that I want a bike like this with decent geometry, and a bit less travel, but that is as stiff as an old freeride bike. Don't know if that exists.
Megatrail SS? Bit of a tank since it's just a short-shocked Megatrail, but that also gives you the opportunity to go full retard for park days with another shock and set of wheels.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
What I'm zeroing in on is that I want a bike like this with decent geometry, and a bit less travel, but that is as stiff as an old freeride bike. Don't know if that exists. Bikes like this and the scout are tempting, but I worry that the frames are lightened up and will be noodles under me, which I don't care for.
Devinci Troy
Banshee Spitfire
GG Megatrail SS

mrgto

Monkey
Aug 4, 2009
At Clyde weight my MT is anything but a noodle. Standing and pedaling has always been the true test for any bike I've had. The MT ticks the lateral stiffness box for me. Throw some carbon rims on and you'll be stiff as fuk.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
Evil calling?