Quantcast

Future World Cup Venues

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
At least there's a chance they may have a camera on one or more of them for one of gwinn's ungodly awesome scrubs.
It's Redbull. Those tabletops will be hollowed out and filled with crocodiles for race day. And there are 7 cameras on track, one for each jump plus start hut for Troy's jazz finger warm-up and one for the finish line so we can watch every rider turn to check their time and then swear or fist-pump.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You know......

there's this thing they do at whistler

It's during crankworx...........

In all seriousness though, I'm not opposed to building jumps on principle. But four in straight line is kind of goofy.

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Saw that this morning. Glad I'm not the only person that realized the downhill started after 1:00 in the video......

shirk007

Monkey
Apr 14, 2009
2019 locations must be set by now? Dates have been out for ages. Maybe they meant to say 2020?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i know nothing about it, but i’ve always liked watching vids of people riding the rough-looking tracks at bad-wildbad in germany. i think they’ve done some ixs races there. plus think of the fun @jackalope could have with the name in his race previews!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Gimme Whistler, Maribor and Schladming please.
Dirt said they were venues were "different" than what was on the 2018 calendar, i take this to mean venues who have previously hosted WC's, not new venues. if that's the case that rules out whistler. schladming would be amazing but i'm not holding my breath. Agree on Maribor for sure. I think there's a chance Windham might come back, I'd heard rumors they wanted to submit a bid to host again.

MrBaker87

Monkey
Mar 30, 2014
neverlandranch
Gimme Whistler, Maribor and Schladming please.
I have Whistler is on its way having announced they are developing the Stevie Smith memorial track in Creekside a few weeks back. From what I remember reading, it’s still a few years out though.

Can’t wait for when it does finally happen.

I personally hope with the reopening of Snoqualmie Pass in Washington, we’ll see a WC there as well as with Whistler. Both are close enough and Snoqualmie hosted a WC in the past (Stevie Peat won his first cup there in fact). That’s all a pipe dream though, but would make for an excellent back-to-back weekend ala Windham/Mt. St.Anne.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I have Whistler is on its way having announced they are developing the Stevie Smith memorial track in Creekside a few weeks back. From what I remember reading, it’s still a few years out though.

Can’t wait for when it does finally happen.
I thought they said opening Crankworx 2019? I might be wrong though. Pretty rad development at any rate.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
will there be a decent crowd size FOR ONCE?
Do you seriously get your fap on over crowd size? You mention it more than Trump. Bigly times.
Ha, I don't care if 8 people show up to watch if I can watch the best riders in the world race on a real track.
At least they won't be run down a city street, or even though they are surrounding by the alps, race on a crap two minute track
with giant speed bump rollers.

But to actually answer your question, Snowshoe is in the middle of frickin nowhere so I would not expect too large of a crowd.