Quantcast

22.2 bars...

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
Hello everyone !!

I jsut got back from SeaOtter and we had a great time !!
the bars are done !! Along with the 22.2/25.4mm stems !!

There were allot of pictures taken at the NemPro booth by all sorta of media and press !

First one to find pictures of the bars and stems on the web and post them in this thread get's a FREE Nem-Pro Tshirt
so get surfing and find thoes pic's !!

Brad

I don't beleive there are any up yet.. I've spend the last 15 minutes looking for them.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
DAMNIT I hate teasing!!!! Brad, you SUCK!
C'mon, man, enough foreplay, LET'S GET IT AWN!

I currently DO NOT have any pictures of the new stem or the new bars or I would have already posted them ..... you know this !

Hollywood from MTBR came by Sunday and took a few really good ones , along with like EVERY other Snap Money on the planet ... so give em a lil bit to re-coup and get the photos posted .

Kris AKA Dukes-of-Tahoe was a HUGE help this weekened and really stepped up to help Nem-Pro make a fantastic SeaOtter showing , so my hats off to Kris for hooking it up fat all weekend and keeping the cheeseburger count high !!:clapping:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Were there any full-on side shots of the new fullies posted up anywhere? I'd like to see some better shots than the glimpses I've caught sight of. I'm in the market for SOMETHING new..just don't know what, yet. Gotta replace an Enduro SX with an Avalanche shock...

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Were there any full-on side shots of the new fullies posted up anywhere? I'd like to see some better shots than the glimpses I've caught sight of. I'm in the market for SOMETHING new..just don't know what, yet. Gotta replace an Enduro SX with an Avalanche shock...
There have been a few posted on Sick Lines and DH news when we orignally launched the bike a few weeks ago , I'm sure a few from SeaOtter will surface soon !

I have one here at the shop that we didnt pull out of the car for SeaOtter but it's totally 100% murdered out ( all black ) with a Roco Air rear shok , I'll snap a few pic's of this bike later this week before it get's sent off to the U.k. for the bike show there next week .

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Damn It! I searched a good 20 minutes yesterday, even emailed Lutze ;) But he didn't have any. They look super slick!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Damn It! I searched a good 20 minutes yesterday, even emailed Lutze ;) But he didn't have any. They look super slick!

Haaaaa we get NO love from Lutez ! Thanks for Emailing him though and reminding him that he missed the best stuff at SeaOtter !!

I was very surprised when Adam Hauk came by our booth Friday and test rode the Double Agent , needless to say he was very impressed . How long untill we see a similer bike from Mr. Hauk's frame sponsor ?? Who knows ??

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
sorry if this was brought up already but did anyone get a weight on the nemesis bars yet? thanks

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
sorry if this was brought up already but did anyone get a weight on the nemesis bars yet? thanks
Oficial weight is sorta heavy :disgust: there .065 chromoly with a width of 29" in !!!! So they hve some weight to them but not overly heavy .

I'll try to take a pair of bars don to the UPS store today and weigh them .

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
They look great Brad!

Just get some sleep mate. So, when it comes time to send me mine, you send them to the right address!

NemPro Represent!

sokoloka

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego / London
Any chance there'll be a pair to spare for a special someone in Illinois? :monkey:

How'd my mental math that turn out? I think I came up with 102 or something right?

I got some interesting news! Seems like I'm going to be in the PNW after I wrap up BA 449 at the beginning of June... I was thinking of swinging my way down to the bay area for a day or two, maybe dropping by and actually saying hello this time haha.

Either way, hit me up on the celly - long time no talk!

redclover

Chimp
Feb 13, 2007
WHat about the stem... it is bmx size right? Any chance it competes in weight to the Shadow or Odyssey Elementary?

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
BTW, these are built by Solid... solid they were not. Haha, and I bent them
HOLY CRAP !!!!

I would be scared to ride these bars on my bike :shocked:
They also look to be a very differnt bent angle and radius from our bars , so this and the differnce in material hardness from the Plymouth tubeing Soild used and the TrueTember bar stock we use .
Normal elongation on Plymouth tubeing is around 30-40%
The Work hardened TrueTemper bar stock we use for our bars is 15%:shocked:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Heeeeyyy... I feel so... USED...! :)
Yeah, I dunno WTF you just said there, but I assume it means they won't turn into "W's" right!? Ha!
Re read my post , or see the cliff notes below

What I said is that after you posted pictures of your bars and how they bent it was flat out scary looking .

I started really going over my calculations again , and thoes things look flat out scary , how the heck did they bent in the center of the stem ???

I'm going to go with very weak material to start with , bend radius too large which will transfer more stress through the bar into the material , then you have the angle of bend they also look super wide for only a 28 bar .

Also the material hardness and also ELONGATION of the material is VERY differnt from straight guage Plymouth tubeing and vs the TrueTemper OX plat work hardened alloy we used for our bars .

Plymouth tubeing is rated at a 30% elongtion this is how much the material will bend
The OX platinum has a 15% elongation so it's much harder to bend and the work hardering properties of the material harden's the material at bends .

I'm jsut hopeing I never see a pic of my bars lookign like that :disgust:

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hey, Don asked me to test them out for him, and the only thing left was the Atomic Spine-to-Bash move. It's risky, but if it's done right, it'll earn you a nice rose like this one!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
yeah, I'm really bummed that happend to ya Thrill - never like to see/hear a fellow rider getting banged up. It looks pretty gruesome and that bail sounded nuts. Just curious - what do you think would happend with a pair of say 31.8 Deity's in the same situation? What if the bars didn't bend - would the impact be even a little harder? I also would hate to think what your spine would look like if you weren't running a bash guard - yikes!

And the bend in the middle is really weird - you can see the extra knurling coming out of the stem - like the material just stretched and not crimped. I agree w/ Brad - the material might be partly to blame especially given the application and having no cross bar. Those bars were not heat-treated as well - which I'm not sure if it makes a big difference or not. I think Solid make a LOT of BMX bars but big difference between those and what I had made Also, .083 wall might have held - but at the expense of more weight.

Another item Brad mentioned is the bend angles. My original 2D CAD looks a lot closer to Brad's bar. It seems Brad has it figured scientifically while I was just going by what looked better - haha. I took some bend angles from bars like the Answer Protapers and old Profile chromo bars and tweaked it just a bit. BTW, those Solid bars were only 26.5" not 28".

To give Aaron at Solid some credit - he did work with me on the designs and was very fair with pricing. Not too mention - he was more than happy to try the project - not something I can say about other BMX companies I contacted. The sweep and bend angles were off but things were done thru email and JPG files. I have to say there were some bars in the 2nd batch he did that felt and looked a lot better and closer to my specs - I have been more than happy running them for the past few months and will continue to do so on one of my bikes.

Anyway, Thrill - sorry again. Can't wait for us to try out the Nemesis product.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Stop apologising, it sure as hell wasn't your fault!
Honestly...I really don't blame the bars. It was just such a freak thing. Can't say for sure, since I don't really know HOW it happened, but I'm thinking that yes, the Deity's may have gotten tweaked on that hit as well. Hell, I don't know. I run Deity's on my fullys and have had NO ISSUES whatsoever with them, and I practice my crashing techniques fairly often. But to be honest, I wouldn't run ANY steel bars on a bike that takes hits like my SX does because in my mind, steel bends. I don't jump my HT so I feel comfortable with steelies and I like the look/feel of the smaller dia bars.
I think when i first got them from you I told you they felt a little flexy? The way we came to that conclusion was by mounting the stem on the bars, flipping them upside-down and pushing down on them. Even by hand they would deflect a good .25 of an inch, and they flexed right in the middle of the knurled area(which IS pretty cool, but not if it's making a weak point). I actually wasn't even going to put them on after seeing them flex, but my ape-brained, bike chuckin bud is STILL running his with no issues. So I thew them on, they took like 21 seconds to adapt to and actually rode pretty damn great.
So i say ride on. If you got the bends dialed and they feel good, let em rock and see how they do. Just keep us posted!