Quantcast

24/12 Hours of Pats Peak

splat

Nam I am
douglas said:
so after riding it - do you still want to ride it for 12 hours straight?
Dam good question !

If it was like yesterday , No way!

all alone , and a Muddy course ! I mean I saw one person ( WHo was on the porch of a house whose yard the course goes through ) and talking to that person gave me an Up lift.

so when I'm there with Fellow Monkies , people routing me on , Bills yummy snacks . I know I can do at least 8 laps ( goal is going to be 12 )! 8 laps is what the person who came in 10 of 10 diud last year.

and the course has dried and gotten a little more worn in.

Plus the way the coures is set up I think it will be very good for spectators they will see you crossing in front of them 3 or 4 times while on the couse .

and also Knowingthat I'll be in the process of Kicking that Baboons Butt, will also be incentive.

Now how the hell that one team did 45 laps !

splat

Nam I am
OK here are the Pics from my Pre-ride

here is from the parking lot looking up , follow the arrows . turns out the lap actually is a the top of that little ride

you don't go up very far when you make a turn around that Snow fence and start around the pond , not sure what Those pipes are , but on my first lap I slide my Tire out on that and put my self into a hay bail, tha placement of that hay bail tells me I'm not the first to wipe because of the pipe.

The rest of the way around the pond , one ofthe few flat spots on the course

I really hope they do something about this , That "dirt" was all Ankle deep mud , and you have to cross it twice andthe 2nd time is just before the the tough part of the first big climb.

this is just before the top of the 1st peak , yopu can see the lot where my car is parked at the bottom

this is about 1/3 of the way up the 2nd BIG climb looking back .

and here is looking up from the same vantage point to the Turn

and here is looking back from the turn , you can see the trial sign from 2 shots back , it really isn't too bad till just before this , I think you can tell where it starts to get bad .

and here is the view up from the turn. it is tough here , but mostly I think that was because I couldn't really see the line because the grass was all knee high.

this is actually the top , ( even though the ski yrails still go Up , and are really steep)

where you go back in the woods for some relitivly flat single track

This is the start of the Big Down hill , lots o fun ! I should have taken more pics of it , but it was too much fun and I didn't want to stop. defiantly the most fun on the course.

and this is right after the climb up from the down hill , and you go through someones yard. you go in the woods and hit this , its a little bit tricky! Especilly since it was wet for me !

and that is all the pics I took worth posting

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
splat said:
you don't go up very far when you make a turn around that Snow fence and start around the pond , not sure what Those pipes are , but on my first lap I slide my Tire out on that and put my self into a hay bail, tha placement of that hay bail tells me I'm not the first to wipe because of the pipe.

The pipes are part of the snow-making equipment would be my guess. They may even draw off that "pond" to blow snow in the winter. And yes, they can be VERY slippery! There is one you have to cross in the middle of the 4X course at West Mtn.! Very tricky when you going DH at 30+ mph!!

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Splat would you say the climbing is worse at Dalton or Pats Peak. I'm trying to get an idea of how bad the long climb is at Dalton. Thanks

splat

Nam I am
mogulskr said:
Splat would you say the climbing is worse at Dalton or Pats Peak. I'm trying to get an idea of how bad the long climb is at Dalton. Thanks
Hard to say. Pats might have been a little more steeper , But You got some relief with small down hills ( at least from what I saw ) , where at Dalton the climbs might not be as steep , but they are much longer.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
Sorry to disappoint, but she's not racing at Dalton. Wiley is and she's providing support for him (so atleast she'll be there). ;)

thats way BETTER! we can hit on her while her hubby is out riding in circles!

ha-ha! j/k

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Hey, this is my fantasy! Let's leave my wife out of it o.k.? :oink: ;)

oh sorry! :o:

well, when a few of us went for pizza after a ride, I think she was playing footsies with me :D, or it could have been her dad :dead:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
After my heart rate troubles on lap 1...I don't think it's a particularly good idea for me to race either :( I am pretty bummed but I need to do the right thing for the baby. There's always next year :sneaky:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
is everyone bailing on this race? i was hoping to do the 12 hour solo class even though im really out of shape.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Splat?
Echo?

It is amazing how soon one forgets the pain, I have been having second thoughts on bailing - 24 is too much, but maybe 12 ??

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
tomorrows the last day to sign up before they raise the costs! so whose doing it? i think ill be doing the 12 hour solo class.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
yeah i dont think ill be doing this race either actually. i think theres a dh race ill be going to that weekend anyways.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
as it turns out........I am racing the 24 hours of Pats Peak - team of 4 (including Heather Mosleys man Wiley(he did Dalton solo), another fast dude thats a Giant rep, and # 4 might be Heather's dad) - and when it's not our lap, we'll be Heather's help (shes racing it solo!)

Woot! :D