Quantcast

24 hour hunnies?

glowbug

Chimp
Jul 4, 2005
I know we have a few solo hunnies out there. I would like your words of wisdom. I am *thinking* of doing a solo. Any bits of advice, do not dos/must dos training advice would be great. Or just tell me about your experiences as a solo girl. Also, suggest races in the PNW!

glowbug

Chimp
Jul 4, 2005
Yep, I have been eyeing that one. Willamette is really pretty and would be a fun place. I am also looking into the Spokane 24 hours around the clock. Thanks for the link!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Hi glowbug. I do 24 hour solos. It's a GREAT experience and a really good time. I know it's not in the PNW, but the 24 hours in the Old Pueblo is such a GREAT event...I haven't done it solo (yet) but I have done it on a team and am eager to get back and do it again. My biggest piece of advice would be to have fun. I know it's a race, but when it stops being fun, it become the biggest mental challenge. You really have to pace yourself, eat, hydrate and keep your head in the race in order to keep riding. I just did a tough race last weekend and the ride report is here if you're interested. Also, if you have specific questions, feel free to PM me and I will try to help out as much as I can.

glowbug

Chimp
Jul 4, 2005
Hey thanks! I will be taking you up on the PM offer. It is a big leap, but I really want to do it solo. My biggest worry is ochy-butt from being in the saddle so long.:monkeydance: