Quantcast

24 Hours of Adrenaline @ Dalton 2005- Plans and Smacktalk

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Bill,

cool..but between your fancy riding techniques and being you like to hump stunts in front of a groups of people, one would think you already get enough attention :D

splat

Nam I am
justbill said:
I plan on brining the boy as well. I know he will want to race so everyone better start training. He wont be satisfied beating kids his own age.
Last year my Son owned the Kids race for the Monkeys! ( at least his 3-7 year Old division, when he tried the 8-12 he had a little more trouble. ) Looks like He will have a little more compitition this year. But at least Noah will have some one to get into trouble with ! or at least catch a bunch of frogs.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Help this newbie out... What catagory do you guys enter? 5 person coed? 5 person open age? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? Thanks. :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
it all depends, looking at last years results the 5 person co-ed was less competitive then 5 person 150-199

so if the jackelopes/allez team entered 5 person coed (instead of 5 person 150-199) looks like they would have ended up in 5th out of 17 (instead of 8th out of 20)

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
douglas said:
you plan to ride flats (pedals) in '05 ?
Damn straight, I'll never clip in. The skate helmet will be on too. Though I may have to rely on real shin guards this year and ditch the duct tape.

Last year I didn't train at all and put up average times. This year I'm taking training much more seriously. I might even bring my SS.

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central
I Are Baboon said:
So are the Ass Balancers just waiting on Squirrel confirmation now?
Well I'm thinking we should draft Crashby as our fifth member if he's feeling fast. My GF (non monkey) would like to race as well, but I'm not sure that she'll be ready to rock when the time comes.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stuntmatty said:
Well I'm thinking we should draft Crashby as our fifth member if he's feeling fast. My GF (non monkey) would like to race as well, but I'm not sure that she'll be ready to rock when the time comes.
Hmmm...could be a good idea if ghostrider can't make it out.

justbill

Stunt Humper
Mar 29, 2004
barefoot in the kitchen...
GravityFreakTJ said:
Echo-Can you or some other monkey give me a description of the course.Elevation gain,terrain,distance and the such?Thanks

T

Ya its like up and then down and some turn type stuff and there are trees. All of which matters little. The event includes a race but it is the entire event which draws me.
Come, camp, meet new friends, eat, drink and be merry.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey 4MAAB, I have changed our campsite to #19. I want the same one as last year. Plus, I think it will be quieter since there won't be people all around us.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I agree w/Bill !

The plan is to have a new course for '05

but last years was:

1/4 mile dirt road (flat)
1/3 mile single track
the "under"
1/2 mile dirt road/field slight climb
1 mile single track (lots of roots & start to climb at the end)
2.5 miles of the never ending fire road climb (750 ft elevation gain)
pit stop#1
small decline, then a tough steep rocky singletrack climb (demotivator)
1/2 mile of realatively flat rocky singletrack
2 miles fast downhill singletrack
1/8 mile singletrack climb (pipeline)
pit stop#2
short dirt road section
1/2 mile singletrack - mostly downhill
the "over"
done!

about 9 miles total

Edit: last year it rained the day before so for a while many sections were like riding thru "peanut butter", some sections of roots that became super tough (one section was so tore up they closed that part of trail after the 24) but almost everything did dry up Saturday morning. But there was a couple sections of the long DH that just kept getting muddier & muddier.