Quantcast

24 hours of RHR aka God Damn ****ing Mud!!!

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Who's going?

Words of advice from a knowledgeable source:

Bring two bikes if you go um.
Bring your race bike and your beater bike and be prepared to destroy whichever one you race. RHR has lots of clay in it and it cakes like a mofo.
Bring lots of extra wash water (they do have bike washes on site too) scrub brushes and such.
Plan on wearing a new set of clothes each time you go out.
Watch the weather. There’s several crazy things going on right now and the forecast is Rain, Rain, and …….. Rain.
t

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
sweeeeeeeeeeeet, clayish mud is just horrible on the bike but it's so fun to ride in. you have a tendency to slide, just remember this.......the key to riding in mud that a LOt of ppl don't understand......stay off the brakes. well not completely but try to use your balance on the bike and your weight to turn and get through things instead of grabbing your brakes. grabbing your brakes is only going to cause your tires to lock up and cause you to slide out of control. try and put a mud guard on your downtube. if you don't have a mud guard take a 2 liter coke bottle, cut it in half and then trim it down so it doesn't buzz on your tire. make sure you trim it down enough so it doesn't buzz on it when your suspension goes through it's travel. and good luck out there this weekend buddy! :thumb:

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
I'll be there.

I'm looking forward to the event, just not the mud.

Mud can be fun sometimes, but not the kind of mud here in Texas. It is just down right nasty. Get's into everything and makes nasty ruts in the trail.

I'll make sure I bring all my tools and cleaning supplies.

If the rain doesn't stop soon, it's not going to be pretty next weekend.

Later.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Yankee Tim
I'll be there.

I'm looking forward to the event, just not the mud.

Mud can be fun sometimes, but not the kind of mud here in Texas. It is just down right nasty. Get's into everything and makes nasty ruts in the trail.

I'll make sure I bring all my tools and cleaning supplies.

If the rain doesn't stop soon, it's not going to be pretty next weekend.

Later.
the mud here bout the same, it's not really a mud it's a clay that just kinda stinks to shiet.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
24 hour is this weekend. I was just forecasting the future and i seem to be spot on. IT'S STILL RAINING. I did have a regular series race Sunday in Louisiana and it pretty much rained the whole weekend but i still raced. It race was also an AMBC so there were different people at this one trying to steal our series points but i pretty much whooped up on them. I got 7 which was pretty good considering the conditions and the competition.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by The Toninator
24 hour is this weekend. I was just forecasting the future and i seem to be spot on. IT'S STILL RAINING. I did have a regular series race Sunday in Louisiana and it pretty much rained the whole weekend but i still raced. It race was also an AMBC so there were different people at this one trying to steal our series points but i pretty much whooped up on them. I got 7 which was pretty good considering the conditions and the competition.
that course at piney hills kicks ass from what i heard from a buddy of mine who has gone there the last couple of years. good job on the finish!