Quantcast

24 hours of spokompton

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Kind of surprised no one has posted around here looking for last minute replacements. It looks like it will be a fun race. I liked the Award for Best Campsite that they are giving out. The weather should be great. Make sure you break out the Gatorade.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
That would be the one. I ran into a couple of racers at Sea Tac who were doing it. It will be interesting to see how many teams are racing, I am not sure if there is a lot of excitement around here for 24 hr races. In Tucson they have to cap the number of riders at 1200 including solo riders. My guess is this race attracts a few riders from BC, Montana and Idaho.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I've done this race a few times and although it's a complete hoot and the course is always fun, it's damn long way for the coasties like us. Especially on the way home after being drunk all weekend.
Unfortunately, it also seems like you don't really get your money's worth either. I know the folks at RnR try to do a good job. But, I always left feeling a little unimpressed with the event.
If it was closer or they pulled one off at the Pass again, I'd probably do it just for the vibe.Usually, everyone is really chill and it has the full "we're all bike crazy" feel.
But, for some reason, racing, in general, seems to have faded. There used to be HUGE turnouts for the NWMTB series that Eric Eaton threw.

team menstrual cycle (we ride once a month, period) is going to win for best campsite. the weather is beautiful out here, im posting from the oxford suites here in spokane. website said ~100 teams have signed up, some of them up to 5 people, so it should be a pretty OK turnout. Went to the red lion BBQ/bar ;ast night, had spme pretty good ribs. Had dinner with my dad and two of the other riders, and no one there checked my ID, w00t.