R

RideMonkey

Its next weekend!! Anyone else going?

Dang I'm getting nervous.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Nope. Good luck. I just got back from a 6 hour race. from 6 pm till midnight. I didnt race but gave support to my team. It was awesome. I am thinking about doing a 24 in november. How many people are on your team? What type of lighting system do you have? What's your goal for the race?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
No, I'm doing the 12 Hours of Snow Summit this weekend instead, training for 24 Hours of Hurkey Creek at the end of September. So, while I ride my heart out for 12 hours, I'll think of you doing the same for 24 hours. :D
________
Marijuana Vaporizers

Last edited:
R

RideMonkey

Workin on gettin some pics up today........ I'll have a full description soon!

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by The Toninator
Hey rm, do you race "pro?"
I race expert. I am thinking of moving up to "Duo Pro" for 24 hour events next year.

R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by Heidi
Duo pro is 2 men or 2 women or 1 man 1 woman - both expert or pro right?
Since these 24 hour races arent NORBA sanctioned, if you sign up for Duo Pro, you're considered pro. There is no duo expert class, only 4 person expert.

There were 3 pro women soloists at Tahoe. I didn't see any women duo teams. Most of the women participated with the men in the 5 person open category. There was one team of 5 women sponsored by Cliff bar.

Have you done a 24 Heidi?

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I have done the 24 Hour thang twice, both times on a team though. I'm considering doing a solo next year as I've had my fill of the endurance stuff this year already.
________
Bmw s65

Last edited:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
After the Brian Head 100, I know I can do it, I'm just not sure if I could get enough training in next year. I am shooting for soloing the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo, AZ which is in February.

Luckily I live in sunny Southern California and can train all winter with just a light rain jacket every once in awhile!

Can't wait to see the pics and read a write-up of your race Ridemonkey!
________
SUZUKI BOULEVARD S83 HISTORY

Last edited:
R

RideMonkey

Originally posted by Heidi
I have done the 24 Hour thang twice, both times on a team though. I'm considering doing a solo next year as I've had my fill of the endurance stuff this year already.
Dang Heidi thats hardcore!

I am thinking of upgrading to Duo-Pro next year but I don't think I could do solo.