Quantcast

24hrs of Dalton: Plans & Smacktalk

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by Tweek
Wow! Haven't checked in for a while. Another whole team is together… and this time -- it's personal.

So between Team Jackalope/Allezy and Team Ass Balancers, we've got:
- brother vs. brother (Echo & Ghostrider)
- teammate vs. teammate (Tweek & Instigator)
- husband vs. wife (Squirrel & Treesaw)

Oh the humanity!
Don't forget:
East vs. West
US vs. Canada

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Originally posted by ghostrider
What about Zombie? He should drive his butt (and his "family") out there and help drink beer.
LOL....Zombie doesn't ride his bike anymore. Plus his "family" wouldn't come 'cause we don't like her and aren't afraid to tell him why!

Instigator

ass balancer
Aug 22, 2001
Rochester, NY
Originally posted by TreeSaw
LOL....Zombie doesn't ride his bike anymore. Plus his "family" wouldn't come 'cause we don't like her and aren't afraid to tell him why!
Yikes!!!!
That is one of the things that always impressed me about you. Not shy to say what you want or how you feel! :p

The Race maybe fun, but the Monkeyfest will be WAY better.

Much less suffering I hope.............

greasey monkey

bow down
Mar 11, 2004
victor NY
Originally posted by Instigator
Yikes!!!!
That is one of the things that always impressed me about you. Not shy to say what you want or how you feel! :p

Suffering???? Why would there be any suffering in a 24hr race:confused: :devil: :D

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by Instigator
Yikes!!!!

Thanks (I think;)) Long story there unfortunately :think:
We're going to have a blast! Even with all the suffering :monkey:

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Next order of business:

Somebody local needs to construct a fake podium and take it out to the race. Then, we can all throw some dirt on ourselves, climb up on it, take a bunch of pics, then post them up in the Lounge and brag about how we schooled the whole event and owned the podium. All we have to do after the pics are taken is sit around and drink beer. Screw that racing crap, that's hard work.

greasey monkey

bow down
Mar 11, 2004
victor NY
Next order of business:

Somebody local needs to construct a fake podium and take it out to the race. Then, we can all throw some dirt on ourselves, climb up on it, take a bunch of pics, then post them up in the Lounge and brag about how we schooled the whole event and owned the podium. All we have to do after the pics are taken is sit around and drink beer. Screw that racing crap, that's hard work.

LOL Sounds like a plan:thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by Echo
Maybe now you should show your sisters how to log in and accept the volunteer invitation :p

Hey, what category are you registered in?
They accepted their invites to be our volunteers today :D

We're in the 150-199 (Combined team age at event date: 168) category!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Hey! This is getting sad! Where is all of the smack talking?;)
I donkey'd my achilles tendon last night at the skatepark... at first glance, one would think it would hurt my training for the 24, but I think actually it will stop me from freeriding and force me to concentrate on XC and road riding :devil:

splat

Nam I am
I donkey'd my achilles tendon last night at the skatepark... at first glance, one would think it would hurt my training for the 24, but I think actually it will stop me from freeriding and force me to concentrate on XC and road riding :devil:
No hurting your self! that will not be a valid excuse not to race.

Hmm I guess i should get out on the road bike tooo, instead of just riding with Freerider Fhil ( AKA IRB)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
DOUGH! Concentrating on XC & road riding? Are you sure you didn't donkey your head? :confused: ;)

stuntmatty

Thnikkaman
Oct 2, 2003
Bike Hater Central

Donkey'd hahaha:D

I'm in the same boat bro. I'm putting a cap on my freeriding for now. If I were racing solo, an injury wouldn't matter too much to me, but I don't wanna let anyone on my team team down.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Originally posted by stuntmatty
Donkey'd hahaha:D

I'm in the same boat bro. I'm putting a cap on my freeriding for now. If I were racing solo, an injury wouldn't matter too much to me, but I don't wanna let anyone on my team team down.
:D Are you sucking up to the team captain? jk ;)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

:confused:

dang, you guys are actually training for this 24 thing!?

I thought it was just a big party where you were required to go ride your bike for an hour every once in a while

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Hey Douglas, when is that weekly XC series? Is it pretty much the same course as the 24? I'd like to try and get there at least once to check it out.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Hey Douglas, when is that weekly XC series? Is it pretty much the same course as the 24? I'd like to try and get there at least once to check it out.

yes and no....its every wednesday (unless its raining or real muddy),but the course is different every week.
The wednesday before the "24" last year they raced on the 24 course.

Races will begin May 12

Definitely let me know if youl plan to go!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
There are a couple of set pre-ride weekends for Holiday Farm. They are May 24th and June 14th. It's not too far from here so if you want to come out and make a weekend of it, you are welcome. I mentioned this to Instigator & Stuntmatty as well...we could all do it at the same time if you want...let me know! :D

ghostrider

Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
There are a couple of set pre-ride weekends for Holiday Farm. They are May 24th and June 14th. It's not too far from here so if you want to come out and make a weekend of it, you are welcome. I mentioned this to Instigator & Stuntmatty as well...we could all do it at the same time if you want...let me know! :D
Team Ass Balancer needs to go high tech on this. On May 24th, take a GPS that has a built in altimeter and record the lap. Then, somebody needs to go all out to determine a basic race lap time. From there, I can create a spreadsheet (with charts) that will detail how many laps we'll do, what time to eat, when to sleep, and when to ride.

Or, we can just drink beer and wait for somebody to tell us to go ride. The end result will probably be the same, or better.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Team Ass Balancer needs to go high tech on this. On May 24th, take a GPS that has a built in altimeter and record the lap. Then, somebody needs to go all out to determine a basic race lap time. From there, I can create a spreadsheet (with charts) that will detail how many laps we'll do, what time to eat, when to sleep, and when to ride.

Or, we can just drink beer and wait for somebody to tell us to go ride. The end result will probably be the same, or better.
LOL! I'm up for the beer drinking
...not sure if I can handle all that technology n' stuff! ;)