Quantcast

26" carbon hoops left?!

ronnyg801

Chimp
May 27, 2009
i want a set of carbon wheels for my sb66 before you can't get anything at all...

What is left out there?

I am looking for the obvious things, l lighter than light, stronger than diamonds, cheap, bling... All the good stuff...

Really though I am not seeing a lot. Of options

Thanks in advance!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
IMG_1166[1].jpg
GEDC0407.JPG
I just built these this week.

And yes, LB makes skinny ones too. I plan on getting a pair a little later this winter.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
yeah, enve. Or if you want to save money and lose riding time Light bicycle still makes some 26s.

They still have their 26 'AM' rims listed on their site I'd guess they're still making them. Plus whatever M models they're making in the strong wheel size.

ronnyg801

Chimp
May 27, 2009
Hehe, cute JM, I don't think those will fit my yeti

I figured ENVE was my only option but also knew that if anyplace would know and give me sh*t in the process it would be here :)

HAB, which ones are you running?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I'm on the older AM rims. I think they're roughly equivalent to the M70 in their new naming convention.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hehe, cute JM, I don't think those will fit my yeti

I figured ENVE was my only option but also knew that if anyplace would know and give me sh*t in the process it would be here :)

HAB, which ones are you running?
I don't think anyone's giving you shit. JM is just a cabin dwelling boozer in a state that gets dark at 2pm this time of year so he has to entertain himself with things like fat bikes just to get to the beer store ;)

At some point, I'm going to come across a bunch of those enve AM rims cheap. I'll be hoarding the hell out of some.

There's no way enve is your ONLY option right now. They just still have options on their website and still look like they're going to be making them for a while, unlike everyone else.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
At some point, I'm going to come across a bunch of those enve AM rims cheap. I'll be hoarding the hell out of some.
I'm going to fight you for them.

Seriously, I trawl classifieds looking for another couple sets.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't think anyone's giving you shit. JM is just a cabin dwelling boozer in a state that gets dark at 2pm this time of year so he has to entertain himself with things like fat bikes just to get to the beer store ;)

There's no way enve is your ONLY option right now. They just still have options on their website and still look like they're going to be making them for a while, unlike everyone else.
The brewery is not far from the trailhead or my apartment for that matter. Tomorrow we will be liking riding directly there after riding.

For the price of the Envys, excluding a nice hubset, you can buy around 15 carbon chinese carbon rims, throw one away each season, or hell, two even.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Do 26" wheels even roll anymore? I thought as soon as 27.5/650b became a thing that the 26" wheels all stopped working. Instantly.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I'm running 26" Light-Bicycle AM rims. No issues. Don't run them with the pressure too low, though - I have several friends with the original design that have creamed them on rocks and had to warranty them. The new design is rumored to be better/stronger/moar magical.