Quantcast

26-Inch/650b Death Match...With Puppets

redbarn

Chimp
Apr 10, 2013
Cute, but maybe y'all ought to leave science to the German bike mags. Maybe lab monkey is just accustomed to 26" and is floundering on something new? Whatever. Just review bikes and tell people if you like them or not, forget about whether it's 26, 650, 120mm or 150mm, eh? Isn't it kind of about how the whole package works?

Stabone33

Chimp
Apr 11, 2013
I say re-do the test over a period of a week with back-to-back days on different wheels, with a couple days and several laps on each wheelset over the week. Most tests I've seen are based on one ride on a trail that may never have been ridden by that tester before. It takes a little time to wring out any bike.

But I have to say...almost every review of almost every 650b bike I've seen in Bikemag has said something like, "I felt faster on the descents and felt more stable and confident and my penis was semi-hard the whole time, but I'm sure it had nothing to do with the wheel size."

Occam's Razor, anyone?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The difference is wicked noticeable on an XC hardtail, especially through roots and rocks.
Big-travel trail bikes are just so damn grippy and stable these days that the perceived difference, 'tis minimal.