Quantcast

2nd Place!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I am proud to announce that team Ride It Like You Stole It finished 2nd out of 21 coed teams at 24 Hours of Hurkey Creek! We actually lead the race for most of the 24 hours and ended up losing the race in the last 2 hours. Here's some stats: As a team we rode 25 laps, I did 5 of those. The course was 10 miles, with 1,300 feet of climbing. I rode 2 day laps and 3 night laps. It was 40 degrees for my night lap, and 102 degrees for my last day lap. My fastest lap was 55 minutes, my longest night lap was 1:03. We are all recovering today and I hope to get some pictures up later. Tinker quit after 5 laps, Rishi Grewal quit after 6 I think. I passed Mary Grigson once (she finished 1st in the solo category).

More later.
________
Nsr500

Last edited:
R

RideMonkey

Dang Heidi thats awesome!!! The fact that you rode 5 laps in those temperature extremes is amazing!! Well done!! :D :D

:monkey:

igjr

Chimp
Aug 23, 2001
CO
Excellent. Congrats! What kind of coed category was it? I'm more familiar with the way Granny Gear runs it, Coed Pro. Does Trilife have any category restrictions, or is it just Coed open?

Great riding. Get some rest - lots. Sound like you guys deserve it.

igjr

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by igjr
Excellent. Congrats! What kind of coed category was it? I'm more familiar with the way Granny Gear runs it, Coed Pro. Does Trilife have any category restrictions, or is it just Coed open?

Great riding. Get some rest - lots. Sound like you guys deserve it.

igjr
It was coed open, 4 guys and myself. That means any level of rider can be on the team. In fact, while we were setting up camp Friday night there was a female rider out doing nose wheelies through the campground. To my surprise, Marla Streb was camped right across from us and was on another coed team! To think, we beat Marla Streb's team!
________

Last edited:

igjr

Chimp
Aug 23, 2001
CO
Originally posted by Heidi

It was coed open, 4 guys and myself. That means any level of rider can be on the team. In fact, while we were setting up camp Friday night there was a female rider out doing nose wheelies through the campground. To my surprise, Marla Streb was camped right across from us and was on another coed team! To think, we beat Marla Streb's team!
That's awesome! Don't know about the men on Marla Streb's team, but if I can recall, even though she's Pro Downhiller, she still wins Expert xc races regularly.

What kind of team won? Was it mostly pro/semipro types? We got 3rd last year in CoedPro at Moab, but we were the 1st place not trade team. You should be very proud. I know how hard that was to do.

you rock.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Thank you everyone for the kind words. And Jojo, you're right, girls kick ass! Funny story, on my last night lap my team was down 2 minutes when I went out. I caught up to the competition and proceeded to stick to his rear wheel. He yelled back, "Wanna pass?" and I replied, "Yes!" he started to pull over while asking, "You aren't team 241 are you?" To which I gleefully yelled out as I passed him - "Yep, and you're getting your ass kicked by a girl!" Being the night lap, there was a jam up of people around us and they ll broke out laughing and teasing him.

Wohoo!
________
TOYOTA IST SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by Heidi
To which I gleefully yelled out as I passed him - "Yep, and you're getting your ass kicked by a girl!" Being the night lap, there was a jam up of people around us and they ll broke out laughing and teasing him.

Wohoo!
Hehe that's funny. Of course right after that i'd start to lay down my mack, but maybe that's just me. Girlz kick ass!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by The Toninator

Hehe that's funny. Of course right after that i'd start to lay down my mack, but maybe that's just me. Girlz kick ass!
I think he was too worried with not losing time. We did do a little friendly chit chat you know; where are you from, have you done this race before.. I think it was his ploy to try to keep me close.
________
BUY PORTABLE VAPORIZERS

Last edited:

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Here we are on the podium, we are the ones in the t-shirts.

We rode for 24 hours and all we got was this little medal (and a free platypus hydration pack).

I hate that hike-a-bike, I hate that god damn hike-a-bike!

Those are all the pictures I have right now, more later.
________
LIST OF VOLKSWAGEN GROUP PETROL ENGINES

Last edited:
S

Sniper

heidi, this is the race some of us were talking about doing for next year as a ridemonkey team. how bad is it for those of us who have never raced before?

we aren't riding to win, just to have fun. but i don't wanna die!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by astral
heidi, this is the race some of us were talking about doing for next year as a ridemonkey team. how bad is it for those of us who have never raced before?

we aren't riding to win, just to have fun. but i don't wanna die!
You won't die at all, if you are prepared. For the most part, everyone is very cordial, if you wanna pass you let the person in front of you know. Almost everytime, riders would slow down, move to the side, or stop to let you by.

You must do some preparation to be able to ride more than 10 miles. I suggest you work up to 30 miles at least. I know people have already inundated you with suggestions, but here are some more.

Eat and drink. I mean a lot after each lap. You won't feel like eating after a 3:00am lap but do it! Otherwise your body will shut down and YOU WILL CRAMP.

Bring lots of warm clothes for the nite time. Oh, and have a crew. We were spoiled this time, we had a team mechanic, team chef, and another guy to make sure our lights were hooked up, recharged, and we were on time for our laps.

I gotta tell you Astral, you'll have a blast!
________
Pellet pen holds 177 cal pellets

Last edited:
S

Sniper

me neither. thanks, heidi for the suggestions.

i have to admit i don't know the 1st thing about bike mechanics. i'm a block from my lbs and if i have problems, i take it down there. so a team mechanic might be really nice.

JOJO

Top Banana
Jun 28, 2001
Superior, CO
I just watched the 24 Hours of Snowshoe on OLN and I am so psyched to start doing these races. The whole event just looks like a blast!!! I think I am going to go on my first night ride with RM this weekend.... cant wait.

Maybe our NJ crew should plan for some more events next year:p ok, maybe i'm getting ahead of myself now:monkey:

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Good job Heidi. I ride on group rides with Garret. He is the tall skinney guy on the winning team. Pretty fast guy if I might say. I heard you had a bad crash too. On that could have changed the outcome maybe? Anyway, congrats on your teams great finish. Hey, you did you forget to mention that the winning team was all riding single speeds!

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by spookydave
Good job Heidi. I ride on group rides with Garret. He is the tall skinney guy on the winning team. Pretty fast guy if I might say. I heard you had a bad crash too. On that could have changed the outcome maybe? Anyway, congrats on your teams great finish. Hey, you did you forget to mention that the winning team was all riding single speeds!
Yep, DAART endurance racing team out of OC was a ss team. Hey Dave, do you know if the girl that rode on that team has a geared bike? I can think of a few team races where she would make a great teammate but the course really requires some gears (long flat sections).
________
Acura slx specifications

Last edited: