Quantcast

3 days of vacation = 9 days in a row off.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
So for work i get the 4th and 5th off, and i took the rest of the week. Its time to plan some rides!

Sat: St helens
Sun: Family/Recovery day
Mon: burnt meat and blowing S#@T up in the name of freedom....
Tues: Ride day: Lk sawyer morning/afternoon ride?
Wed: Ride day: 410 area?
Thurs: Home/family day
Frid: Hood Race Practice
Sat: Hood Race
Sun: family/recovery day

So what you got? Anyone have mid week time?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
So for work i get the 4th and 5th off, and i took the rest of the week. Its time to plan some rides!

Sat: St helens
Sun: Family/Recovery day
Mon: burnt meat and blowing S#@T up in the name of freedom....
Tues: Ride day: Lk sawyer morning/afternoon ride?
Wed: Ride day: 410 area?
Thurs: Home/family day
Frid: Hood Race Practice
Sat: Hood Race
Sun: family/recovery day

So what you got? Anyone have mid week time?
Hello! :p

We are in for shuttling something in the 410 area on Wednesday the 6th. I don't think Kevin will have an true trail bike by then. :nuts:

Edit: Have you showed this schedule to your wife? ;)

Edit #2: We'll see you up at Whistler Freek and VG! We'll be up there the 7th - 9th!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
lol, notice the family day parts?? She has to work fortunatly. My only duties are to check e-mails in the morning (work a little on anything critical), and also clean up my truck for sale.... (anyone looking for a lightly used nissan 4x4 :))

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Skookum said:
oooh 410 shuttle....... i'll probably be working.

You guys should do Deep Creek, then Ranger Creek.
Can the minivan run chasse on those roads? its been a long time since ive been up there and forget the conditions. Would the other 10 mile route be better (recent RM post about that wasnt there??)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Yotes said:
I've got tuesday off, might spend some of it looking for boardable trails in capitol forest.
Sweet! Any thoughts on what ones? #30 would be crazy on the board..... some of the smoother horse trail also would be cool, but some are harder to get too without lots of hiking (assuming you dont have pedal power)

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
I wish I had that much time off - I used up the rest of my vacation and sick time when I broke myself...again. Enjoy the time off!

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yeah, it would be a haul (long and steep) and there's a couple bumpy spots towards the top. But, you could do it. typically, you're waiting for a while at the bottom for the shuttle though. More than a couple runs is tough for a day. Not really worth the drive from up here for maybe an hour of saddle time.
The funny thing is every time I'm riding up Corral, I see tranny fluid dumps in the road. Once, last year, there was two shuttle rigs broken down on the climb. It's gotta at least make you crack a smile when you ride by...

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Freak said:
Not us.....we'll be in Whistler from July 1 thru July 10

Fool, when were you going to tell me? Shiat! Tryin to make a trip up there sometime after the 4th, depends on when we are filming our television commercials... I'll hit ya up if we make it up there.

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
OLy, I live in Bonney Lake would be up for early afternoon shuttle up Ranger on the 6th, I am also going to race the hood race. Need to check one of those out. Let me know!

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
take road 72, it is 10 miles up instead of 6 ,but is a hell of a lot smoother 20-25 min to top. Going to shuttle it tomorrow!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
stacy1 said:
take road 72, it is 10 miles up instead of 6 ,but is a hell of a lot smoother 20-25 min to top. Going to shuttle it tomorrow!
Ive just got a lowly minivan. Trailhacker & snacks have the kick ass truck for going up.....maybe you could run chase? I cant afford to do any damage to the van..... It would be cool if we could meet up and do ranger/deep. question is... big bike or medium bike?? I did deep creek back when i had a Banshee and it was pretty fun. the start sorta sucked, but once you got to the junction it was pretty much all down. My 5/5 spot though could be enough and make any climbs bearable.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Ive just got a lowly minivan. Trailhacker & snacks have the kick ass truck for going up.....maybe you could run chase? I cant afford to do any damage to the van..... It would be cool if we could meet up and do ranger/deep. question is... big bike or medium bike?? I did deep creek back when i had a Banshee and it was pretty fun. the start sorta sucked, but once you got to the junction it was pretty much all down. My 5/5 spot though could be enough and make any climbs bearable.....
Ya, should I bring the Spot or the Pack? Is this something I want big brake rotors on?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
5 Spot should be fine. You might also want to think about Palisades. there's one short up after the cabin at the junction. But, the scenery and DH are top notch. Plus some fun switchbacks at the bottom. (Longer run too! :))

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Borneo said:
5 Spot should be fine. You might also want to think about Palisades. there's one short up after the cabin at the junction. But, the scenery and DH are top notch. Plus some fun switchbacks at the bottom. (Longer run too! :))

ever done all 3? thats alot of driving..... :) .. i know youve probably Climbed all those miles on a bike....

Yotes

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Olympia, WA
oly said:
Sweet! Any thoughts on what ones? #30 would be crazy on the board..... some of the smoother horse trail also would be cool, but some are harder to get too without lots of hiking (assuming you dont have pedal power)
Haven't thought too much about which ones yet, I was going to look over the map this weekend, see which trails look like they might have potential. Shuttleable is definately a huge plus, but I can deal with some walking.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i never thought i'd hear someone afraid to climb a forest road with a car.... i can kinda understand the bike but not the car...... :rolleyes:

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
oly said:
ever done all 3? thats alot of driving..... :) .. i know youve probably Climbed all those miles on a bike....
Yeah, I've ridden them all. And, back in the day, I shuttled 'em all in one day.
Biggest waste of time ever....
12 hour day for 3 half hour runs. It was drizzling and cold and waiting to go back up for the cars at the bottom just sucked. Plus, the goobers I went with thought they were freakin DH kings and my 8 year old had more skillz than them. Bad day... (I was lucky to get a ride home...) :sneaky:

Riding/climbing it all in one day in August though. Now, that's just about as stupid...

But, if you are out there, definately do Palisades vs Deep or Ranger if you are doing two runs. Skooky and anyone else who's done it will attest to it being the best of the 3 on that side.

stacy1

Chimp
Sep 14, 2004
OFF 410
I am heading up to ranger tonight, I haven't been down Pallisades this year. I ride either bike, 5&5 seems to be a little more fun! OLy let me know if you are going next week, I have a truck def. can shuttle a few. I hear alot of peeps talk about Pallidsades, alot of hike a bike towards the bottom.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
stacy1 said:
I am heading up to ranger tonight, I haven't been down Pallisades this year. I ride either bike, 5&5 seems to be a little more fun! OLy let me know if you are going next week, I have a truck def. can shuttle a few. I hear alot of peeps talk about Pallidsades, alot of hike a bike towards the bottom.

Sounds like wednesday palisades could be in order! Ill plan on the 5spot as the bike.

Snacks/Trailhacker you in? Anyone else?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
The "Hike -a- bike on Palisades is a 50 foot staircase. There's some sketchy switchbacks just before it for about 150 feet that i have seen people ride. But, then ridable(but tricky) the rest of the way.

You'll like Palisades. I hope you get a sunny day. The view is awesome.

It's fun to do palisades first and then Sun Top. Because then, you can look across and say, "Hey, I was just over there. Damn, that's a high cliff..."

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Sounds like wednesday palisades could be in order! Ill plan on the 5spot as the bike.

Snacks/Trailhacker you in? Anyone else?
We are in, but would like to start earlier than later.

I think I'll bring the Pack.

Sep 8, 2004
If I get the "all ok" from my doc tomorrow. I'd like to join on wed for the 410 trip. I also live in bonney lake (Appts at the top of the hill by the library). I'll probably use my bighit, the extra suspension will make it a bit nicer on my wrist.
Palisades has a bit more pedalling, but its a blast. Ranger creek is top notch as well. I've yet to do deep creek, but I've heard great things.

-James.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
There is a slight chance something came up for tuesday that could make me have to bail out for wednesday. im not throwing in the towel yet, just saying "maybe" I'll have to find my passport this weekend too..... ;)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
There is a slight chance something came up for tuesday that could make me have to bail out for wednesday. im not throwing in the towel yet, just saying "maybe" I'll have to find my passport this weekend too..... ;)

:rolleyes:

J/K!!! ;)

Sep 8, 2004
I got the "mostly clear" from the doctor, so if there is still a shuttle on Wed, I'm down. I've still got my white toyota, and its quite shuttleable.

-James

Petite Fluer

Monkey
May 18, 2005
Arizona
You dudes should come to Flagstaff and let Petite Fluer show you how pissed they get when a bunch of out of towners show up to ride the trails. It's funny... Isn't mother nature something for all to enjoy? So much hatin an no participatin. Just ride, is that too much to ask? Thank you for your time, I will now drink your wine.
Grizzly... :thumb:

Jun 18, 2004
When I go back to work on Wed it will be 3 WEEK'S that I've been off...

sometimes I get jealous of the peep's that seem to actualy get to ride with others that they meet here...

but I suppose if I was doing that I wouldn't be dating all of these ladies that I've been meeting...

Whistler was nice last weekend thought, so I says WHAT EVER... off to 38...

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
On friday will be my beginning of my third week. still havent left whistler. Might hit up sun peaks but just so much here I can't be bothered. I am spending a couple of days in Vancouver just chilling out of the whistler bubble. :)