Quantcast

38 Sunday

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
fattyfat1 said:
rhino shoots nonsense out his mouth like an ass w/ explosive diahrea! you have no facts man! maybe if you had some logic to back up your e-pinions in this little debate, someone would take you seriously. these comments you are bringing to the table are hilarious! please stay in this thread so i can laugh w/ all my friends about the guy who can argue his no-point, no-fact opinion for five pages like a.... well i guess a rhinoceros would if it could talk!
It is a good thing you have it all figured out....:rolleyes: And your facts would be? Heresay? ....3rd hand? ...ideas of how you wish it was?

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
MUTOLI said:
OK...Goal accomplished...I got everyone off topic!!! :D
To stay further off topic...saw you headed south on I-5 yesterday w/ bike on the rack...did you go to SST? We were headed down to Olympia. Those Jetta wagons are cool - oh, wait I own one too :D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Five said:
To stay further off topic...saw you headed south on I-5 yesterday w/ bike on the rack...did you go to SST? We were headed down to Olympia. Those Jetta wagons are cool - oh, wait I own one too :D
headed to olympia and didnt give me a call??? Sheesh. :)

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
RhinofromWA said:
As defined by Clinton and the "wilderness" inititive?

Not pristine.

Not roadless.

I sat in on discussion groups when the **** went down in the closing months of Clintons term. So go ahead and start...buck-o ;)
Did you pay attention? I hardly think 38 would qualify under the terms set forth for qualification. Have you looked at trail listings for WA state? I would say we are in the top five states having the most trails to choose from(185) according to mtbreview and those are just the listed ones. I suppose you've ridden them all? Not everyone needs a bike to recreate and what's wrong with returning land to its natural state?

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
chatted to some dudes on friday who had been up there...they were loading their bikes up when the ranger stopped by and asked if they had a good time and whether they had seen anyone shooootin up there....what i heard was that there was one ranger chick who went nuts, but i havent heard any other stories since then...ride on!

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
muttons first post ever backs up my argument! thanks man! all you wussies who say 38 is closed can shut the hell up now! i didn't enter into this debate to be wrong. all you doubting toms can bow down at your own accord. i'll be here waiting on pins and needles for your smart-ass replies!

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :blah: :blah: :blah: next time you see that ranger tell em you saw rhino and seand shooting up there!hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 24, 2004
Duthie
Hey Mutton. Are you sure it wasn't a Sheriff? I think I was part of that group were talking about and it was a sheriff. Maybe a different group though. I missed ya at Whistler. You missed alotta mud!! You made the right choice. Sat. was great up till about 3 and today was pouring up there. Anyways, Memorial day, you up there?
-cb

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
fattyfat1 said:
muttons first post ever backs up my argument! thanks man! all you wussies who say 38 is closed can shut the hell up now! i didn't enter into this debate to be wrong. all you doubting toms can bow down at your own accord. i'll be here waiting on pins and needles for your smart-ass replies!

I never said it was closed....All I posted is what the Ranger told us. I can't take that chance of recieving a citation of up to $5,000. I'll just find another place to ride. Enjoy!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Five said:
Yep, I was on my way to SST. Met Ethan out there so he could try out his NEW Dh bike (Giant).

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Bullitrider said:
Did you pay attention? I hardly think 38 would qualify under the terms set forth for qualification. Have you looked at trail listings for WA state? I would say we are in the top five states having the most trails to choose from(185) according to mtbreview and those are just the listed ones. I suppose you've ridden them all? Not everyone needs a bike to recreate and what's wrong with returning land to its natural state?
We do live in a magical state....but never mind that the trail number could easily be 3-5 times that if they weren't being shut down and you have yourself a frame of reference.

You have a remarkable short term memory...but forget what we had in the past. The outlaw attitude is so 6th grade....and will not keep areas open to us. Dawg up in Bellingham (City Jump park guy) is more mature than most of us as far as trail access/riding legitimacy goes and he is a young'n.

As far as "returning the land to it's natural state" I ask you if you will give up all your access to all trails in order to have it revert? All your trails all your DJ's in the woods?.....not everyone needs a bike to enjoy it but it is the ones without the bikes that want it for themselves. They pushed for it and they got it...land free of trails where there once was many....for MTBs dirt bikes, 4x4's horsemen atv's etc.

Wilderness was just a catch phrase. Never mind the lack of road system to evaluate and monitor fires and maintain the land..... It was a underhanded private agenda presented to the unknowing public as a great service. That is why "wilderness" is a bad thing.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
fattyfat1 said:
Hey blow hard,

One question:

At exit 38, is it legal to ride our MTB's on the DH trails in the woods?

Nothing you have provided, so far, says it is....

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
rhino, you are truely the biggest idiot i have ever debated w/ in my entire life. to quote you, WE DON"T NEED PEOPLE LIKE YOU! you are so far off in left field your probably bangin' laura w/ dubbbaya's permission! why don't you start at the begining of this thread and start reading it over and over. there's your proof moron!

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Freak said:
lets keep the idiot and blow hard names out of this thread please
You should probably close this thread as people aren't getting anything acclompished?
People aren't understanding what other people are trying to say and apparently its debatable who it is that isn't understanding??
Understand???

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
all i have to say to this thread is bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Freak said:
lets keep the idiot and blow hard names out of this thread please
That was my fault. For that I appologize.

Frankly, fattyfat1 is boil on my backside and I think I need to lance it. ;)

Mr Fattyfat1,

I have read this thread from the beginning and have seen only seen a emial that says MTBing (no reference to DHing in any sense) is legal at 38 (no reference to the trail system) and that the area has yet to go under close scrutiny (but is marked too) by the eco-people who have the power to lock us out.

So continue saying DHing is "legal" there.....the "trueth" you spread is commendable....even if it only could aid in making vegitables grow. You are doing a great service to our MTBing community.

:love: U smooches

Rhino

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
anyone heard of kamloops b.c.? i know, diffrent country diffrent rules right? same problem though. they have a whole network of "illegal" trails there. most were built w/out permission. private property owners have trails all over their land. these trails i speak of (not the ones on private property mind you) on the public land, are illegal to build, but they are not illegal to ride upon. the kids in kamloops ride unchecked. it is a freeride mecca and mtb tourist destination, mostly on illegally built trails. the trails at 38 were built w/out permission i agree w/ that. technically that makes them illegal, however, that does not make it illegal to ride on them until the the proper steps are followed by the authorities to close down the area. this has not happened yet at 38. lance this boil if you will but you have to admit on this i am correct. we may agree to disagree but the legal aspects of my argument are all in place. if you don't believe me ask someone who would know. call dnr. we may not have the same politics and thats fine, but i am right on this one, end of story. i took the time to reseach this one, did you? like i said, i didn't enter into this debate to be wrong. i'm not going to argue a topic publicly in a forum like this without having my facts strait. i appologize for the name calling, that was juvenile. you however, could learn to lose a debate w/ some dignity. even after starting in w/ the names and were told by the moderator to knock that crap off, you still refer to me as a pimple on your ass! we don't need people like you!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
fattyfat1 said:
anyone heard of kamloops b.c.? i know, diffrent country diffrent rules right? same problem though. they have a whole network of "illegal" trails there. most were built w/out permission. private property owners have trails all over their land. these trails i speak of (not the ones on private property mind you) on the public land, are illegal to build, but they are not illegal to ride upon. the kids in kamloops ride unchecked. it is a freeride mecca and mtb tourist destination, mostly on illegally built trails. the trails at 38 were built w/out permission i agree w/ that. technically that makes them illegal, however, that does not make it illegal to ride on them until the the proper steps are followed by the authorities to close down the area. this has not happened yet at 38. lance this boil if you will but you have to admit on this i am correct. we may agree to disagree but the legal aspects of my argument are all in place. if you don't believe me ask someone who would know. call dnr. we may not have the same politics and thats fine, but i am right on this one, end of story. i took the time to reseach this one, did you? like i said, i didn't enter into this debate to be wrong. i'm not going to argue a topic publicly in a forum like this without having my facts strait. i appologize for the name calling, that was juvenile. you however, could learn to lose a debate w/ some dignity. even after starting in w/ the names and were told by the moderator to knock that crap off, you still refer to me as a pimple on your ass! we don't need people like you!
Maybe you two can meet in person and hash thit out like real men! :D I got $5 on Rhino! He's a big guy! :D

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
hmmmm...interesting!

so i can ride UP the gate trail and people coming down have to watch out for me? sweet! :lol:

seriously...if it is DNR land, which im pretty sure it is, then 38 is effectively closed since there are no trailhead signs saying its open?

fatty...you said you did research..is 38 dnr land or not?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
so from the DNR Mt Si map.....

there is a chunk of pink land at 38 (BLM), but it looks to mostly be Forest service land around it.. The DNR (brighter pink) land is across the Freeway?? See color key. Everyone agree??

its hard to tell the real scale and where all the trails are in reference, but it looks like the DNR rules dont apply. You win.... But,, what are the BLM and US forest service rules regarding land access?

Attachments

Jun 18, 2004
so I will get busted in the Ollie St Prk if I test drive my truck up there and then test my new 888r sleeve setting? some how I can't see that happening today... I'll let you know if they do anything harsh...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
seand said:
hmmmm...interesting!

so i can ride UP the gate trail and people coming down have to watch out for me? sweet! :lol:

seriously...if it is DNR land, which im pretty sure it is, then 38 is effectively closed since there are no trailhead signs saying its open?

fatty...you said you did research..is 38 dnr land or not?
38 is DNR land.

So what is the point here? That it's closed and we shouldn't ride there for fear of getting fined or that if we ride after the warning the DNR will close all the exits?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Okay, but there has never been a sign on 38 saying biking were allowed and the DNR has know about the riding up there for years.

Oh, VG you deleted your post.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
I recall one comparison about hunting and fishing rules and how those rules are posted in publications from the Fish and Game Dept and how you cant claim ignorance to poaching or other illegal practices. So by the DNR published maps, riding on any unsigned/unmarked trail is illegal, weather its a deer trail, or a trail with kickers made from 2x4's.

VG is right in the real question is what will be done in enforcment of any of these rules.......