SADL
Lucky. -20F. Both dogs needed to be dressed up for morning p&p

Perfect day for a trip to Costco.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Here. Woke up early to the sound of trucks at the dpw and lifted weights.
Currently poopin and thinking about taking my son to the discovery museum to kill time

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Legit -24C here (without windchill). Google tells me that's -11F. I guess the kids won't be doing any outdoor recess today (or this morning at least). Today is first day of online schooling. If the government can be trusted, this should be the only week online for them. Fingers crossed.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up. No word yet on Haley's test. It's first race of league tonight, so hopefully we get a negative. Work.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Moist 47 degrees here,

Pretty sure I have covid even though the test came back as Nora, cant taste or smell anything. In other news, my new dive system arrived yesterday. Pretty sweet/compact unit. Kinda stoked on it. 45min per battery, I bought 4 batteries. about the size and weight of a 6 pack.

6AEBCA03-E5FB-4516-A68C-E92B70E958E4.jpeg

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'd have run outside this morning if it was *just* the cold weather, but I ain't running in that howling wind and -20 wind chill. Fuck that. I brought my gear to the office though and will give it a go after work.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
a balmy 30 freedoms when i took the older kid to school. younger remote until thurs.

coffee, wfh for the morning, then into the office for a bit before picking up the older guy.

was hoping for a mid-week mtns ride but schedule is not cooperating. maybe just a long local ride thursday afternoon. hrmf i say.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Today's FTS is Haley's laptop. Her Chromebook isn't running a school program and after some research turns out it's reached end of life for Chrome OS. Only options are new laptop or updating to Win10 and forcing her to learn a new OS. Also not sure about ability of computer to run Win10. So, now shopping for new, refurbished Chromebook. Dammit.

@johnbryanpeters got any actual (non-religious) charities I should be sending this thing to or know of any in CO that would need laptops for kids?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Meanwhile, about 0C at this latitude. We seem to only have two temperatures this winter, very cold, and very warm.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
At home with the kiddo because his daycare is still quarantined abd wife was unable to get substitutes this week. I imagine she’ll be exposed to teh ‘Vid this week and kid will be back on quarantine for another two weeks because our rules are stupid and impossible to work with or around.

At least it’s not sub 75 degrees like the arctic climates the rest of you live in so we can go hiking/Stridering

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Today's FTS is Haley's laptop. Her Chromebook isn't running a school program and after some research turns out it's reached end of life for Chrome OS. Only options are new laptop or updating to Win10 and forcing her to learn a new OS. Also not sure about ability of computer to run Win10. So, now shopping for new, refurbished Chromebook. Dammit.

@johnbryanpeters got any actual (non-religious) charities I should be sending this thing to or know of any in CO that would need laptops for kids?
Costco has Chromebooks

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Derp. While connected to work VPN, was looking at a webcam at a local ski resort and saw they had a historical "webcam pics" page.

Clicked it and apparently that page is flagged as pr0n. Hopefully no one gets those alerts. :D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
definitely gonna need a report back on this one
way less interesting (or more) than you expected:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
way less interesting (or more) than you expected:
you said disco :rant:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Howdy! Old man is currently plugging away at the house. Dunno what I'd do without him. Waiting on HVAC quotes to come back, but the consensus seems to be a hybrid heat pump/propane furnace.

Bought a table saw. Simultaneously good and terrifying. A healthy fear of those contraptions has been drilled into me.

No, I don't.

Also, while Windows 10 remains supported, I'd regard it as less secure than 11...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Howdy! Old man is currently plugging away at the house. Dunno what I'd do without him. Waiting on HVAC quotes to come back, but the consensus seems to be a hybrid heat pump/propane furnace.

Bought a table saw. Simultaneously good and terrifying. A healthy fear of those contraptions has been drilled into me.
I insure a cabinet shop that has lots of “lost” appendages with table saws. Not sure why they won’t buy sawstop saws.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I insure a cabinet shop that has lots of “lost” appendages with table saws. Not sure why they won’t buy sawstop saws.
Ultimately, I would love a SawStop. Alas, I have neither the space nor resources for that level of saw, so my Dewalt jobsite saw will have to suffice. You better bet I'll be employing the riving knife, push sticks, and standing out of the blade path. I know that doesn't eliminate the potential for kickback or having a hand pulled into the saw, but that's just an inherent risk of table saws.

My grandfather cut his hand in half and earned a lifeflight into Boston with his table saw.