Quantcast

4 Oakland PD Officers Gunned Down

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't know about South Buffalo. I used to live near the Broadway Market, and it wasn't exactly peaches and cream, although in comparison it wasn't so bad.

What surprises me is how a lot of neighborhoods are sliding downhill. University Heights used to be decent and now the edges are going down.

But I would live in Buffalo as well. I don't care about how bad it gets, as long I don't live on Chippewa Street!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I don't know about South Buffalo. I used to live near the Broadway Market, and it wasn't exactly peaches and cream, although in comparison it wasn't so bad.

What surprises me is how a lot of neighborhoods are sliding downhill. University Heights used to be decent and now the edges are going down.

But I would live in Buffalo as well. I don't care about how bad it gets, as long I don't live on Chippewa Street!

Chippewa is where all the hipsters live now. I was amazed at all the fixes locked up down there. South Buffalo is like Country Club in the Bronx or maybe more like Riverdale if you took into account Yankees caps and bad dental hygiene...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Chippewa is where all the hipsters live now. I was amazed at all the fixes locked up down there. South Buffalo is like Country Club in the Bronx or maybe more like Riverdale if you took into account Yankees caps and bad dental hygiene...
That's funny. I grew up near Country Club, which is nothing like a Country Club at all.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I watched the news this morning and the family of the killed parolee said, "He really wasn't a violent person."

Nevermind the fact that he was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, has a no-bail warrant for his arrest, AND then proceeded to kill 3 cops, injure one to the extend of being brain dead, and wound another.

What pisses me off is a small group of people are saying that this is retribution for the killing of that kid back on News Years.

Just goes to show the education and intelligence of some folks in Oakland. It was a BART cop that killed the kid. This are Oakland PD officers who were murdered in cold blood.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Riverdale has some good weed spots............so ive heard
White plains road where it crosses the Parkway is much better... Easy on easy off from the CB Expressway... If your coming from the burbs.... Plus you can always say your looking for gas if you get pinched by the cops... Or your coming back from the Zoo and need directions to the White Castle by Fordham university... just don't giggle to much or they will know what you are up too....

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I watched the news this morning and the family of the killed parolee said, "He really wasn't a violent person."

Nevermind the fact that he was arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, has a no-bail warrant for his arrest, AND then proceeded to kill 3 cops, injure one to the extend of being brain dead, and wound another.

What pisses me off is a small group of people are saying that this is retribution for the killing of that kid back on News Years.

Just goes to show the education and intelligence of some folks in Oakland. It was a BART cop that killed the kid. This are Oakland PD officers who were murdered in cold blood.
I am not reading too much into what the family says.

The circumstances of the initial encounter are obvious, and the family is alternating grief, denial, and acceptance.

Mostly, everyone is looking for someone to blame, and a poor, uneducated, family are easy targets.

For some reason, I also looked over the reactions of the Colombine shooters' families, and I saw similar patterns as well.

What the community does next is what has me curious. Will the police react to the next violent confrontation in a much more lethal manner? Will protesters of the BART shooting be received in a worse fashion? Will East Oakland explode if there is another killing?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
White plains road where it crosses the Parkway is much better... Easy on easy off from the CB Expressway... If your coming from the burbs.... Plus you can always say your looking for gas if you get pinched by the cops... Or your coming back from the Zoo and need directions to the White Castle by Fordham university... just don't giggle to much or they will know what you are up too....
yeah i never came right from the 'burbs into the bronx...id stand out like a sore thumb w/ my loud truck with out of state plates which obviously doesnt belong there. i used to stop at my friend's house in Riverdale and we'd walk to the spot.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
The "hood" of Buffalo is east side, west side, south, north...

That is true. Just different kinds of "hood". I was unlucky enough to visit all areas of the city. I delivered used appliances all over the city, yes I said used. Visualize the clientele.

East side- Gang banging blacks that will shoot each other in broad daylight with out a second thought. There have been many shooting recently. Broadway Market are is not safe at all anymore, all the polish are either moving away or getting old and die.

West Side- Full of Puerto Ricans, Mexicans and Asians now. Getting to be as bad as the east side.

North- Melting pot of everything, lots of coke and fixie hipster homo's. The east side violence is moving in there more and more. Last week a 20 year old black chick shot 2 white college students at 3:00pm at a red light.

South- White Trash! and the Irish drunks. Probably why I feel at home when I visit S. Buffalo.
The bad thing about South Buffalo is the reputation of hate crimes. Black people don't go there. I'm not white trash or a hate crime kind of guy, just a drunk Irish fatass

Sorry for the derail.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That is true. Just different kinds of "hood". I was unlucky enough to visit all areas of the city. I delivered used appliances all over the city, yes I said used. Visualize the clientele.

East side- Gang banging blacks that will shoot each other in broad daylight with out a second thought. There have been many shooting recently. Broadway Market are is not safe at all anymore, all the polish are either moving away or getting old and die.

West Side- Full of Puerto Ricans, Mexicans and Asians now. Getting to be as bad as the east side.

North- Melting pot of everything, lots of coke and fixie hipster homo's. The east side violence is moving in there more and more. Last week a 20 year old black chick shot 2 white college students at 3:00pm at a red light.

South- White Trash! and the Irish drunks. Probably why I feel at home when I visit S. Buffalo.
The bad thing about South Buffalo is the reputation of hate crimes. Black people don't go there. I'm not white trash or a hate crime kind of guy, just a drunk Irish fatass

Sorry for the derail.
It is hard to describe Buffalo accurately and still remain PC.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
These cops, even in their deaths, saved the tax payers a lot of money on this guy.

Sad as hell these cops were killed.
Jubilant as a mother ****er that the "suspect" is dead.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
These cops, even in their deaths, saved the tax payers a lot of money on this guy.

Sad as hell these cops were killed.
Jubilant as a mother ****er that the "suspect" is dead.
yep. i said the same thing. he would have sat in jail for years before being executed and wasted the justice system's time for years

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Oh man

A parolee with an "extensive criminal history" who killed four Oakland police officers had been linked by DNA evidence the day before the shootings to the rape of a 12-year-old girl, according to Oakland Police.

The girl was raped on Feb. 5 in the 2800 block of 73rd Avenue, just blocks away from where the officers' shootings occured Saturday, Lt. Kevin Wiley said.

Police believe Mixon grabbed the girl off the street at 7:30 a.m., put a bag over her head and dragged her into an abandoned building where he committed multiple sexual assaults. It was not immediately clear how victim the escaped.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i was watching the news this a.m. a girl was putting up a memorial for the officers in oakland and some people where coming by making offensive comments to the girl about the dead officers . fockin savages!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
i was watching the news this a.m. a girl was putting up a memorial for the officers in oakland and some people where coming by making offensive comments to the girl about the dead officers . fockin savages!
Unfortunately that's the way it is in Oakland. Pretty damn pathetic, isn't it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
from the news today

condolance cards have been placed by the locals at the scumbags sisters house where he was killed by SWAT lamenting his death and that fact that he only took four Pigs with him.
I had the officers in mind when I ran into a Oakland PD officer at trauma center to remain un-named and offered my condolences and good wishes to the survivor.

Then I had to take a patient home to Richmond, real nice area, barred windows, bullet holes in the stucco and some real nice folks checking us out as we drove through the hood. I felt just oh so safe

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
OAKLAND &#8212; Hundreds gathered Tuesday night in East Oakland at the site of a traffic stop gone bad Saturday that led to the deaths of four Oakland police officers, to honor the fallen officers and sound a message of hope for a city troubled by violence.

A diverse crowd poured in from around the region with men, women and children carrying lit candles and signs reading "Oakland/Peace."
http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_11988069

The Memorial Service is being held at Oracle Arena on Friday, and over 10,000 are expected.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I think this is what depresses me so much. Mixon is worthless, but I having doubt about my fellow man when someone murders and rapes only miles from my home.
You doubt humanity less when the murders and rapes are farther away from you?

There are murders and rapes everyday. Many many human beings commit heinous crimes and atrocities all around the world every day. If you're going to doubt or lose hope in your fellow man, do it on a global scale.

This strikes me as a solution for Oakland.
Middle east first, please.

Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You doubt humanity less when the murders and rapes are farther away from you?

There are murders and rapes everyday. Many many human beings commit heinous crimes and atrocities all around the world every day. If you're going to doubt or lose hope in your fellow man, do it on a global scale.
Yeah, I know there are problems around the world. This one is mine.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I have to agree with the Axis of Evil here, you cannot go about policing the world and ridding it of "evil" until you clean the **** out of your own home first. Let's nuke:
- Oakland
- New Orleans
- Chicago
- Detroit
- LA (for a longer list of reasons than crime)

Clean out the filth, start over again.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I have to agree with the Axis of Evil here,.
i like that name. can someone make that my title? or better yet....2/3 the Axis of Evil

when i took a ride through the slums of New Orleans i was completely shocked. i have never seen slums like that before anywhere in America. 4 years or so after Katrina and it looks like nothing has been done. I saw a ton of houses with the Fema crosses still on them, and a lot with marks that the found dead people inside.
i cant believe anywhere in America is like that.

Last edited:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
son of a !!!!!!

another officer shot yesterday, this one very close to home.

http://www.policeone.com/officer-down/1808052-Detective-Allen-Pearson/

RALEIGH, N.C. &#8212; A man killed his girlfriend and later started a shootout in the woods with sheriff's deputies that killed a lawman and left the gunman dead, investigators said Wednesday.
Authorities identified the slain officer as Lenoir County Sheriff's Det. Allen Pearson. Another officer was critically wounded.
april has been a bad month for LEO's. :(