Quantcast

4th of July weekend plans

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Take this as your ~~Happy Holiday Weekend thread~~

What's everyone have on tap for the holiday? I'm debating about whether or not to take my kids to see fireworks - they are 6 and 3, so staying up to 10:30 for fireworks will make them tired and crabby for a couple of days. We'll probably go, they love fireworks.

Saturday I have my first sprint tri - can't wait.

Sunday I should be little more than a bump on a log.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Friday is my little girl's first birthday so we have some familiy and friends coming in for the weekend. We're going to have a BBQ/B-day party Friday and don't really have other plans for the remainder of the weekend.

I'm also doing a tri, but not till the 12th. Let us know how it goes.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Pulling up carpet and working on the hardwood floor underneath. I'll love the finished product but doing it will suck.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Going backpacking for a few nights on the Ice Age Trail. When people flock to the city we like like to flock to the woods.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
well tonight are the fireworks in my town, i have to work. tomorrow, i have to work. then on saturday, i have to work.

the weather better be good on sunday because i want to go climbing.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
We are gonna stay home and do something called "nesting."
Its where every sentence out of my wife's mouth starts with
"We need to" which translates into Jeremy needs to..........

Its gonna be about as fun as rubbing gasoline on my taint and holding a roman candle under it.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Probably going to ride in the morning...maybe go to the zoo...the city is putting on a concert downtown, but the fireworks aren't until 10pm (little late for the rugrats)...we climbed up on the roof last year and had a decent view... maybe we'll do that again.

Saturday and Sunday maybe head to the pool. Might try for a ride on Sunday morning before the pool.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA

Its gonna be about as fun as rubbing gasoline on my taint and holding a roman candle under it.
Gawd I hated that phase :rant:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Let's see... Friday the 4th is my wedding anniversary, so the wife and I got a sitter and will be going to to celebrate 11 years of...well...11 years. Get her a pretty nice piece of jewelery and I'm hoping to receive Guitar Hero in return! :D Sat. morning bright and early i'm headed down to Plattekill to meet up with the Jimmy Mac attack for a fun ass weekend of DH racing action!! Platty is showing DH movies Sat. night and having good drink specials so I should be in fine shape for Sunday's race!! Woohooo...god bless america!!! :banana:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Today, after my half-day of work, I get to clean the house...yay.
Tomorrow, BBQ & adult beverages at a friend's place on the water. 3pm - whenever.
Saturday, BBQ (a showdown of 3 peeps that know their shiz) & adult beverages at another friend's place. 4pm - whenever.
Sunday, recovery and yard worrrrrrrk...yay.

Should be epic. Will try to provide pics...but no promises.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Staying put. Trying to not spend $$ on gas, no where we really want to go anyways. Kid leaves for Scout camp Sunday so he and I will probably get some riding in tomorrow and Saturday. Several grilling episodes and sampling of fine beer from my chair.

Happy 4th y'all.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
No major plans, just hanging out. Need to throw a new tire on the bike before tomorrow morning,.

Will probably will do some swimming, cruising around in the new ride, and go out in search of a fireworks display. With temps forecast for 110 + the entire weekend all my activities will be relegated to dawn or after dark.

Have a good weekend all.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
Working a half day tomorrow and then heading down to lake norman to fish fry with family and pull out the slalom ski. I'm quite excited for that.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Truck is packed leaving now to camp / ride all weekend!!!!!:thumb: All you Fvckers I know have a good 4th if I dont see ya!!!!! :cheers:

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
Gonna grill out with my parents then go to my tyown local 4th parade an fireworks then saturday goto my sisters party an recover sunday.

I wreaked an busted my knee a week ago an can ride but not climb an i live in a hilly city.:(

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Road ride tomorrow (~70 miles) up to Seneca Lake and possibly pass by the Watkins track and see what's going on for the Indy race. Then spend the afternoon/evening out on a friends boat and hopefully catch the fireworks from the water. Will be taking along a growler or two from Horseheads Brewery.

Saturday will be a local mountain ride and some trail maintenance. Lather, rinse, repeat for Sunday.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Tonight we're heading up to my parents in Mass for fireworks. Tomorrow is ride my former local forest (Foxboro), then up to her Uncle's for grilling and swimming. Saturday is a ride at either Boulderland or Vietnam and Sunday should be what we didn't ride on Saturday.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
This weekend is up in the air.....with all the smoke from the fire burning towards my town... Goddamn fires, its especcially great to hear its probably human caused.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Tonight - head the the Catskills to do some dog sittin'
Fri - ride Platty with friends, laid back time!
Sat - practice at Platty, come back to dog sitter home to chow down, meet up an old college friend & family who moved up from NYC, put up Tigg (don't wreck the joint!)]
Sun - Pack up everyone, wake up Tigg & drive back to Platty for DH race!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Friday is my little girl's first birthday so we have some familiy and friends coming in for the weekend. We're going to have a BBQ/B-day party Friday and don't really have other plans for the remainder of the weekend.

I'm also doing a tri, but not till the 12th. Let us know how it goes.
Today is our daughter's first but we're celebrating on Saturday. :)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tonight - head the the Catskills to do some dog sittin'
Fri - ride Platty with friends, laid back time!
Sat - practice at Platty, come back to dog sitter home to chow down, meet up an old college friend & family who moved up from NYC, put up Tigg (don't wreck the joint!)]
Where in the Catskills?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

Ha, I remember that. I'm so glad it's over.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
since my 4th of July "Vacation" technically started an hour ago...

I'm going to go saw off the grout in the shower, apply new grout, etc.
Saturday or Sunday I'm going paintballing.
Tomorrow (the 4th), there's a fat block party and I am so there. It's on my block, too, so major score.

Other than that, probably cycling and hanging out with friends.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
Tonight I'm running monitors and load out for Kittie and Dope.
Tomorrow and Saturday I'll be working at the bike shop.
Then Saturday night head up to PA for a family BBQ on Sunday and do some work on my Mom's house.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
You wait! I'm gonna leave an upper-decker for your sister!!! Muahahaha!!!!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hitting up the local Santa Cruz trails tomorrow. Time to start warming up for the Downieville Classic.

Finish un-packing and setting everything up at my new place.

Doing some pre-birth celebrating with my dad and brother on Saturday while the girls in the family do the baby showering. My brothers wife will be giving birth anytime in the next week to kid #2. I'm pretty excited for being an uncle x2.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
friday going for my first official ride as a Texan resident in the am and then the kids and i are off to a friend's family's function with go carts for the boy and horses for the girl and beer for me.

saturday i'm attending my first official DORBA event ride in the am with a picnic after the ride. should be fun to meet people i've only chatted with via the forum.

sunday i'm gonna put in some work hours and sleep

Have a SAFE and EXCITING weekend monkeys!!