Quantcast

4x

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
are there any places to try 4x racing in the northeast?

I'm from long island, and it would be my first time trying it, so i just need to get some info on how to find out where and how to get started.

anyone know where can i find locations and schedules?

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
4X isn't that common. Plattekill has a DS series, though (next race is the weekend after this coming one). I believe that Mt Snow is doing DS in their series as well.

If you don't have a suitable hardtail, 4x or trail bike, just race whatever you use for DH (I'm assuming you race DH, I guess) and you'll be fine. I've raced DS a few times at collegiate races and will probably do my first legit DS race at Platty.

jrfor0

Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
the race at platty starts out as a slalom course, then after a few turns it becomes a dual course. that is the closest i think you'll get to a 4X course around here.

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
damn... you think you could survive it on a hardtail??? all i have is 1 bike... so i was hoping 4x... because the ht's are competitive there.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
i'm from california and now live on the east coast and i find the lack of 4x very agrivating. but i'm doing ds at snow this weekend. so close enough i guess