Quantcast

65F + Jan. 19 = WTF?!?

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
After the last few weeks, it sure felt nice today. Too bad I was stuck inside at work. I found it odd that I didn't need knickers or rain-tights for the commute to and from work today. My long-sleeve jersey was almost too much for the ride as well.

Have they opened the bike-park at Whistler yet?:blah:

Sep 8, 2004
This weather is insane. We need to get back to summer weather, or get our winter weather, not inbetween.
I was at crystal mountain yesterday, there were patches of grass sticking out in many places, it was disappointing. But, I made up for it by taking my new-used bike up to SST today.

If this weather continues through next week, anybody want to try to shuttle Ranger creek next thursday? If there is minimal snow up top, it'd be do-able. I did it back in sept, and there was 4-inches of snow up top even then. Fun stuff.

-James.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Ya, a buddy of mine nearly talked me into getting a seasons pass. If it wasn't for my knobby-tire addiction, I'd be a bummed-out boarder as well. I feel for all the pow-hounds.
I really feel for anybody that lives near any of the mountain rivers - at least there wasn't a deep snowpack before the last few days or they'd be waaaay-screwed.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
This is just crazy, it's still too wet to ride around here but the snow completely SUCKS now. Meadows went from 40 inches at the base to 24 inches in ONE DAY due to heavy rain, they're not even open for the rest of this week. I'll probably just end up riding urban stuff this weekend and getting my new ride together.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
if no snow ever shows around here the ski lift places be forced to convert themselves into mt. bike parks.
actually more likely go out of business, which would suck for most.
personally i don't mind.

you can't give up on winter until March rolls around......

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
It's warm here too. The snow all melted in town and I'm going riding this weekend! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Skookum said:
if no snow ever shows around here the ski lift places be forced to convert themselves into mt. bike parks.
actually more likely go out of business, which would suck for most.
personally i don't mind.

you can't give up on winter until March rolls around......
If they were smart they'd turn into mtb parks - but we all know how smart they are ;)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Lets all start calling them every day......

When you gonna open for bikes.......

endlessly......

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hahaha! They may have to open for bikes if this keeps up - gotta' make a buck one way or another. I know Alpentalic was going to bring the idea up w/ the Snocrummy folks. At some point soon, they are likely to actually listen to him.

I do find it embarrasing that our area doesn't have a hill that runs summer lift services. :stosh:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
When I was at meadows EARLY this season there were lots of bare spots, and I had a revelation- that place would be pretty good for MTB's. If I bug them enough maybe they'll let us use the lifts........

Can I use the lift?
Can I use the lift?
Can I use the lift?
Can I use the lift?
Can I use the lift?
Can I use the lift?
Can I use the lift?
Can I use the lift?

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
i was down at mt bachelor this last weekend for the 3day holiday weekend.

it was raining saturday up to 9000 feet....but the snow was surprisingly good considering...

sunday was warm and sunny and slushy...def spring conditions....monday we drove back due to rain forcasted...

we got to timberline/hood and it was POURING. the whole drive home was like that.

we got home, checked the news/sites and saw that all the locals were closed and lost a CRAPLOAD of snow.

im going to have to trek down to tahoe for my powder addiction im affraid :( i love that i can bike in january in shorts, but this just means this upcoming summer is going to be UNBAREABLE!

bleh to the weather...mother nature has smited us once again....get me my crossbow...its el nino hunting season *mad*

Jun 18, 2004
just be thankfull your not at Whistler like me... they wouldn't give me my $$dollar$ back... but what the hell I'm makin the best of it and if you go up high enough there is powder... I'm gonna stop off at cypris on the way home and see if peeps are riding the shore... if so I'm comin back next week... if not I'm drivin to S Lake Tahoe... because I'm off work for another week after this one... :evil:

Dave_Schuldt

Monkey
Jun 13, 2004
Seattle
Glad I got out XC skiing twice. It looked like November at Snoqualmie Pass. Haven't been out in the back country or to the areas yet. Heard there has been good turns at MT Rainer tho. Could be a thirsty summer. Riding at FT Ebey the next 2 weekends, it's the best place to go when it's wet.
Mountain biking, the sport for global warming, almost as fun as skiing.
THINK SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
I watched this study on global warming on c-span a few evenings ago, and it freaked me out. A professor at Oxford university was giving a lecture on his findings, he said that by about by 2016 there will not be any winter sports resorts blow 5,000 feet above sea level. I don’t know to believe it or not but it’s scary, this race has successfully ruined this planet. :help:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Corporatefailure said:
I watched this study on global warming on c-span a few evenings ago, and it freaked me out. A professor at Oxford university was giving a lecture on his findings, he said that by about by 2016 there will not be any winter sports resorts blow 5,000 feet above sea level. I don’t know to believe it or not but it’s scary, this race has successfully ruined this planet. :help:
Holy smokes!!! I think this is like the first post I've seen...It actually has content!

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Str8OutaBallard said:
just be thankfull your not at Whistler like me... they wouldn't give me my $$dollar$ back... but what the hell I'm makin the best of it and if you go up high enough there is powder... I'm gonna stop off at cypris on the way home and see if peeps are riding the shore... if so I'm comin back next week... if not I'm drivin to S Lake Tahoe... because I'm off work for another week after this one... :evil:

someone is always riding the shore.

if the snow level is low enough...catch a shuttle or three up cypress...get the full-on shore experience :)

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Believe it!!! There are numerous studies out there reporting that global warming is happening. Hopefully it won't happen too rapidly. We definitely are ruining our beautiful planet. Might be too late to save it. At least there will be some snow riding in some places, but not here :angry:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i think global warming is a normal act, we've just expadited the process.

i saw a show on Discovery where they drilled a core sample of glacier on Anarctica. From each layer they can get a basic idea of the global temperature. It was way more varied and unstable than what they originally thought. We've been enjoying stable weather patterns since we learned how to climb out of tree's. The Earth will be around long after we kill ourselves off.