Quantcast

66-77 Bronco

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Does anyone else have a 66-77 Ford Bronco? I finally got wheels and tires on mine on Saturday. 17"x10" wheels with 34" tires. Its so close to being a daily driver.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A buddy of mine had a '69 that he sold a few years ago. It had a built 351c and was a monster! He had it built out from the ground up to be an off-road machine. When we got around to doing the body, he found a half cab for it. So we rhino lined the whole inside, put the half cab on and turned it into a sweet short bed truck.

One of the only Fords I have ever considered owning.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
that era bronco is the only Ford vehicle I have ever contemplated owning, and ever will contemplate owning.

ScottJensen

Chimp
Oct 9, 2006
ive got a 69 ive been building since 15, mostly for rockcrawling but i like to hit the sand and stuff to. ill try to throw some pics up in the next few days

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
40 Pink Bike feet?

Are you serious?

We actually measured it from lip to lip and it was 38 feet to be exact. The bronco is around 15ft long and the picture is taken at an angle.

See the sicks on the side? They are there to measure how far people get in the mud pit that you can not see in the pic. The distance from the stick by the landing to the next stick is 10ft. The distance to the next stick is 5ft then 10ft then 5ft and so on. Just in the pic you can see 25ft worth of measuring from the sticks. The last stick you can see is about 3/4 of the distance. I dont feel like I have to prove myself but I can send ya videos if you like. We have been on OLN before and this thing is capable of a lot more. Ive been racing for 8 years now.

We hit around 45-50mpg to clear the jump.

Here is an old pic.

Mustang 5.0 motor in the orange one.

Here is older pic of my broncos. I have sold them.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Are you serious?

We actually measured it from lip to lip and it was 38 feet to be exact. The bronco is around 15ft long and the picture is taken at an angle.

See the sicks on the side? They are there to measure how far people get in the mud pit that you can not see in the pic. The distance from the stick by the landing to the next stick is 10ft. The distance to the next stick is 5ft then 10ft then 5ft and so on. Just in the pic you can see 25ft worth of measuring from the sticks. The last stick you can see is about 3/4 of the distance. I dont feel like I have to prove myself but I can send ya videos if you like. We have been on OLN before and this thing is capable of a lot more. Ive been racing for 8 years now.
Not doubting you jat all, but not knowing what all those stick meen, that angle of the photo makes it look shorter than 40 feet.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i looked at a 74 last sunday...nice truck, it actually didn't feel much like a truck inside, it was pretty compact. It was a bit of a POS thought, lots of rust and running issues....needed some TLC which I don't have a garage for.

I'll keep looking.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Why?

I like the sound of a nice V8.

My max is about 7000-8000, prefer PS and PB, and the less rust the better.

I'm on the east coast, in Boston. The one I looked at was on the cape. There's another north of here, but I haven't bothered to look yet.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I'd much rather own a Toyota FJ40 in that vintage...

They are sweet. I agree but there is a lot more bronco part vendors and parts are a lot cheaper. Plus the bronco comes with a V8 and the LC is a 6cyl.

Why?

I like the sound of a nice V8.

My max is about 7000-8000, prefer PS and PB, and the less rust the better.

I'm on the east coast, in Boston. The one I looked at was on the cape. There's another north of here, but I haven't bothered to look yet.
Check that website above. They have some nice broncos for sale on there. Check this one too;
http://ww2.collectorcartraderonline.com/searchresults.php?mm=Ford--Bronco
Here is a better pic in flight;

Here are some pics of the season.

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p277/kanter1/Truck Racing/

There are a lot of pics