Quantcast

661 SP-1 VS. pressure suit04

Feb 21, 2004
stavanger, norway
hi guys, I'm considering some new padding.
at the moment my choice stands between the 661 SP-1 pressure suit and the 661 04pressure suit.
something I find abit confusing is that on 661s homepage the SP-1 is $20usd cheaper the the Pressure suit, while on British web shops the SP-1 is more expencive. :confused:

can anyone please tell me what the main differences are?
which one's the "best"?
I also wondered if anyone knows which of them that's the most airy? I don't like heat.. :nope:

-thomas

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FIrst of all...the mesh is really, REALLY open. Very breathable as in when you get up to speed, you might get cold.

Second, the big differences.

The top of the line one has:
1. Big bicep pad
2. Plastic chest plate insert
3. Thumb loop

Me and a teammate have that one. I checked out the other one and would like to have gotten it (until I saw my teammate take a tree stump to the bicep pad). If you're like me and you are a new father with a career, get the most expensive one.

If you're 19 and don't care...get the one without the bicep pad and plastic insert.

I think everyone here will agree that has one...if you wear a size Large and you're not over 6 feet tall, you may want to get a medium. The pads and suit run pretty big. Milby is a tall cuss and had the same size on as me (Large) and it was the perfect length but fairly loose.

I have the size large, am 5'10, 190lbs and it fits me loose and the arm pads are longer than usual. I could have gotten away with a medium easily.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by bizutch
FIrst of all...the mesh is really, REALLY open. Very breathable as in when you get up to speed, you might get cold.

Second, the big differences.

The top of the line one has:
1. Big bicep pad
2. Plastic chest plate insert
3. Thumb loop

Me and a teammate have that one. I checked out the other one and would like to have gotten it (until I saw my teammate take a tree stump to the bicep pad). If you're like me and you are a new father with a career, get the most expensive one.

If you're 19 and don't care...get the one without the bicep pad and plastic insert.

I think everyone here will agree that has one...if you wear a size Large and you're not over 6 feet tall, you may want to get a medium. The pads and suit run pretty big. Milby is a tall cuss and had the same size on as me (Large) and it was the perfect length but fairly loose.

I have the size large, am 5'10, 190lbs and it fits me loose and the arm pads are longer than usual. I could have gotten away with a medium easily.
I actually just received my SP-1 yesterday. Tried it on and fits me pretty good. I'm a big person at 6'1" and 200# and the large fits me perfectly. The mesh definitely seems more breathable than the suit appears in the pictures, its almost like the fishnets that hookers wear, haha.:p