Quantcast

68 miler for downhill training?

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Me and mike decided to do a road ride ysterday that was a ride that we had heard alot about and finally decided to hit. it is basically a 34 mile long silky smooth 12 foot wide bike path that winds along the american river. it starts in beals point folsom lake (california) and ends up in old sacramento.

holy crap........after climbing a total of 4500 feet and my legs caught fire, i think we are going to have to that ride every couple weeks.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
that's a great pic. did you guys burn more calories than you consumed on that ride?
funny you say that, the computer says over 6 thousand calories. i know my chicken and pasta wasnt even close to that and rum doesnt have alot either.

awesome photos, especially the last one with the camera reflecting in the lense and you being dumb
it was a bomb ride, by the way, mike was taking the pictures, I am the one in the back.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Sounds like a cool ride - is there a lot of bike and foot traffic on the path?
not really, people on foot have thier own lane and there is enough room for bikes to pass each other on both sides.

there was alot of TT guys passing all the time so everybody pretty much stays in thier lane, We never got stuck behind anyone or had problems with congestion and we were riding at peak times.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
not really, people on foot have thier own lane and there is enough room for bikes to pass each other on both sides.

there was alot of TT guys passing all the time so everybody pretty much stays in thier lane, We never got stuck behind anyone or had problems with congestion and we were riding at peak times.
Sounds good then! I'm sometimes skeptical of bike paths. Just throw that in your training once a week and you'll be a straight up roadie in no time :)