Quantcast

69 Wednesday GMT 96

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
PIIHB?

Morning! Hot and humid as a doggo's balls. I'll be spending the day contemplating whether getting a 29" rad frame and building it with 27.5 wheels is a good plan. #idratherbedownhilling

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Were any of you guys in that "Living off the Grid" TV show that had the mtn. bikers who built that cabin in Montana that they integrated as a jump into their trails? They spent 10 weeks and lugged all their stuff 15 miles uphill into the sticks to build this thing.....all I kept thinking was "That HAS to be some monkey's I know..."

One of the hidden dangers of having children is that you don't realize that you're going to be doing homework again....I mean, you know your kid is going to school, yes...and you know homework is part of that.....but you never are really ever prepared to get home after a long day of not getting fired, and then have to dive into reducing fractions for an hour...:stosh:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, my little gangsters. I hit the high school track early this morning for a short-to-me workout (5 miles). Warm, foggy, muggy, humid, dark, and gross, but a decent run as these things go. I should find out today if I was fast enough to make it into the Boston Marathon.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
[QUOTE="StiHacka, post: 4229377, member: 84584"

I'll be spending the day contemplating whether getting a 29" rad frame and building it with 27.5 wheels is a good plan. #idratherbedownhilling[/QUOTE]

Plus tires or slammed to the ground?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
JELLLLO!

Decided to wear contacts today, so that I don't have to bother with my glasses fogging up during tonights night ride. Perhaps it was a bad idea, they're already bugging me.

Saw one of those new Hellcat powered Jeeps this morning. I don't see the point but HECK YEAH.

And some donkey left the coffee pot bone dry. What a donkey.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

After two nights of struggling with it I managed to declare victory last night hooking up the sink plumbing. I think I managed to cobble together the only combination out of the dizzying array of plumbing fittings Home Depot offers that will make my sink work without having to redo plumbing. What an annoying SOB that was.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wingdings fail :stosh:

kid only woke up once last night. so that's an improvement.

a decision has been made to re-home one of the cats we adopted about a year ago. it's the right decision, but i still haz a sad.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
JELLLLO!

Decided to wear contacts today, so that I don't have to bother with my glasses fogging up during tonights night ride. Perhaps it was a bad idea, they're already bugging me.

Saw one of those new Hellcat powered Jeeps this morning. I don't see the point but HECK YEAH.

And some donkey left the coffee pot bone dry. What a donkey.
so what the status of the Tranny? Is it on its way to you?

Apparently I rode Blue in VT this weekend. The guys I was with who (used to) ride Blue a lot told me it is very similar to Blue. If that is the case, Blue should be much fun on the Scout. I had a blast on my Patrol...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
conflict with the other two cats (primarily the one we already had when we adopted them) which has led to aggressive behavior and excessive marking. it's a combination of factors, two alphas (the cat we already had was the alpha from the pair we had, and the one we're having troubles with was the alpha of the pair we adopted), and the one we're re-homing is himalayan, so part siamese and that behavior is common for the breed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Weather has been nice all week, it is only to fool you into forgetting about the impending 9 months of rain that is just around the corner. The neighborhood deer have gotten huge, saw 2 this morning and freaked the pooch out on walkies.

Just make it through the day, yay.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
conflict with the other two cats (primarily the one we already had when we adopted them) which has led to aggressive behavior and excessive marking. it's a combination of factors, two alphas (the cat we already had was the alpha from the pair we had, and the one we're having troubles with was the alpha of the pair we adopted), and the one we're re-homing is himalayan, so part siamese and that behavior is common for the breed.
Sorry to hear that.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
'Morning, my little gangsters. I hit the high school track early this morning for a short-to-me workout (5 miles). Warm, foggy, muggy, humid, dark, and gross, but a decent run as these things go. I should find out today if I was fast enough to make it into the Boston Marathon.
GLGL!

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
guy in the crapper sneezed three times & after each sneeze was a loud wet fart. i dont usually share the gory deets of the office bathroom but this was too funny not to.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
so what the status of the Tranny? Is it on its way to you?

Apparently I rode Blue in VT this weekend. The guys I was with who (used to) ride Blue a lot told me it is very similar to Blue. If that is the case, Blue should be much fun on the Scout. I had a blast on my Patrol...
In process of paying for it. So whenever that is complete I should have it.

Blue here is pretty tame, its just the constant speed and braking that keeps most people on a DH bike. Lots of chattery sections of trails too. I've ridden my trail bike there a few times and always regret it, the hands and arms take a beating.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
oof. you ok?
@kazlx ... DUDE, stop doing that.

Are you injured?
Yea, I'm ok. Took a bit of a dirt nap on the landing. There were some people there that helped me out. Got a ride to the clinic and got checked out. Have some good road rash and cracked my D3. In hindsight, probably should have waited to go for it later in the week, but I was feeling solid. I think I just went too deep on the 3rd and didn't have time to set up how I should have for the 4th. This was the first time I hit these. I hit the first two a few times on Monday, but they aren't even comparable to the last two.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea, I'm ok. Took a bit of a dirt nap on the landing. There were some people there that helped me out. Got a ride to the clinic and got checked out. Have some good road rash and cracked my D3. In hindsight, probably should have waited to go for it later in the week, but I was feeling solid. I think I just went too deep on the 3rd and didn't have time to set up how I should have for the 4th. This was the first time I hit these. I hit the first two a few times on Monday, but they aren't even comparable to the last two.
glad you're ok, albeit a bit worse for the wear. sounds like your helmet did it's job. good excuse for a new one. you gonna be back on the bike this trip?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
damn, man.
it looked gnarly. glad you are ok.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
glad you're ok, albeit a bit worse for the wear. sounds like your helmet did it's job. good excuse for a new one. you gonna be back on the bike this trip?
Yea I already bought a new D3 that they had on sale at the discount center. Was eyeballing it last trip. I’m going to try and ride again, although just cruising. Feeling ok other than mass road rash.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good Morning!!!

Were any of you guys in that "Living off the Grid" TV show that had the mtn. bikers who built that cabin in Montana that they integrated as a jump into their trails? They spent 10 weeks and lugged all their stuff 15 miles uphill into the sticks to build this thing.....all I kept thinking was "That HAS to be some monkey's I know..."

One of the hidden dangers of having children is that you don't realize that you're going to be doing homework again....I mean, you know your kid is going to school, yes...and you know homework is part of that.....but you never are really ever prepared to get home after a long day of not getting fired, and then have to dive into reducing fractions for an hour...:stosh:
There is an app for that. Seriously, type in any math problem it will figure it out. It will even fix your typos.
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=laplace+transform+of+y=sin(xE^2t

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yea I already bought a new D3 that they had on sale at the discount center. Was eyeballing it last trip. I’m going to try and ride again, although just cruising. Feeling ok other than mass road rash.
yea take it easy.

a coworker of mine was at whistler early august. first run of the trip he broke his elbow.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Woke up to "what time do you have to be at work it's 6:53". I have to leave at 6:55 to be on time. Needless to say, I was not on time.

It's sounding more and more like the house will fall out of contract. We signed new contracts pushing the inspection rebuttal date yesterday morning and the sellers still have not signed them. The current date is today, so if we aren't able to get a solid idea on the deck and cracks in the foundation (appt is tomorrow), we're out. Turns out that we were not the highest bidder, but we were the only 'as-is - barring safety and structural issues'. I'm starting to think they might have been playing the 'hope they miss it' card.

And... while I was typing this we got an offer on our house. $20k low, so our agent is telling them to resubmit at a higher level as that is out of range to the extent that we won't even counter. So house #1 might fall out so we have nowhere to go and house #2 might sell (but we control that).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Woke up to "what time do you have to be at work it's 6:53". I have to leave at 6:55 to be on time. Needless to say, I was not on time.

It's sounding more and more like the house will fall out of contract. We signed new contracts pushing the inspection rebuttal date yesterday morning and the sellers still have not signed them. The current date is today, so if we aren't able to get a solid idea on the deck and cracks in the foundation (appt is tomorrow), we're out. Turns out that we were not the highest bidder, but we were the only 'as-is - barring safety and structural issues'. I'm starting to think they might have been playing the 'hope they miss it' card.

And... while I was typing this we got an offer on our house. $20k low, so our agent is telling them to resubmit at a higher level as that is out of range to the extent that we won't even counter. So house #1 might fall out so we have nowhere to go and house #2 might sell (but we control that).
monocle problems.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I need a copy of my unofficial transcripts for a job application, so I call in to the alma mater. Nothing is quite so flattering as giving the young lad on the other end of the line my last name so he can look up my student ID and responding, "Oh.. you were here a while ago! Huh, I can still find that for yuh..." :twitch::banghead:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I need a copy of my unofficial transcripts for a job application, so I call in to the alma mater. Nothing is quite so flattering as giving the young lad on the other end of the line my last name so he can look up my student ID and responding, "Oh.. you were here a while ago! Huh, I can still find that for yuh..." :twitch::banghead:
did you call him a whippersnapper?