Quantcast

70km ride at two am

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
At two o clock this morning my friend comes by, knowing that I am probably still awake and at the computer he rides down my driveway and peers into the window. At the front door he asks if I feel like bombing any hills and of course I say yes. After around 10 km of speeding down hills at 70kmph and riding back up we decide to drop that idea and go for a nice ride. It is such a nice morning the moon is 3/4 full, riding down the smooth pavement passing only one car every 10 minutes we were unstoppable. I was in complete bliss. Just wondering if any of you have any nice biking stories that you wish to share :)
Chris

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
chriskaiser said:
At two o clock this morning my friend comes by, knowing that I am probably still awake and at the computer he rides down my driveway and peers into the window. At the front door he asks if I feel like bombing any hills and of course I say yes. After around 10 km of speeding down hills at 70kmph and riding back up we decide to drop that idea and go for a nice ride. It is such a nice morning the moon is 3/4 full, riding down the smooth pavement passing only one car every 10 minutes we were unstoppable. I was in complete bliss. Just wondering if any of you have any nice biking stories that you wish to share :)
Chris
Nope unfortunenlty I can't think of anything as cool as that. I've always wanted to do that it's usaully way to dark were i live with not enough street lights and I have nobody who would come with me lol. Both when I was in Miami and in Nice, France I was out on the streets at like 3 am and with all the lights on I was craving to go on a long bike ride from like 2am-5am. Thats one of my dreams lol.

EpicRide

Chimp
Aug 14, 2004
Bay Area
Sometimes during the winter I will go for 30+ mile rides after work. Usually I leave just a bit after dark. I think I need to get a better lighting system so I can see well enough to bomb the downhills. =)