Quantcast

8 on the Biden Blunder Scale

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Joe Biden said Thursday he advised his family to stay off airplanes and subways because of the swine flu, a remark that forced the vice president's office to backtrack, the travel industry to cry foul and other government officials to try to massage Biden's message.

"I would tell members of my family — and I have — that I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now," Biden said on NBC's "Today" show.

Biden, who has a reputation for off-the-cuff remarks, went beyond any precautions recommended by the federal government. In discussing his personal advice to his family, he said simply, "That's me."

Within two hours, Biden's office issued a statement backing off the remarks and suggesting he was talking about travel to Mexico.
In case you never heard of the Biden Blunder Scale:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20081201/blunder_video

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
****, I avoid confined spaces in fear of germy people all the time. Had to go to the hospital today and walked several blocks in the rain instead of taking the enclosed walkways that connect the parking garage and hospital. I generally hold my breath the whole time I am on an airplane.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Big deal. So he told his family that.

I'm telling my family (consiting of my girlfriend, my bike and my dog) the same thing.

Contrary to popular belief not everyone feels the need to duplicate the actions of the vice president.

This whole biden blunder crap has become this wonderful self fulfilling bullshlt game.

Next the guy is going to have a statement about his opinion on corn flakes listed as a blunder.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I'd be avoiding planes and confined spaces as well if I didn't have to travel for work. It's too bad that you get castigated for speaking the truth these days.

This is no joke, and Mexican authorities are advising the exact same thing that Biden was quoted - stay away from confined places. They're even shutting down businesses to try to contain it, but it's almost too late now...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, I really like Biden, it is just that he runs his mouth. But I believe he knows what he is doing, and anyone to take on Cheney is ok in my book.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I'm surprised that the right-wing news outlets can say anything about the current administration causing panic when they pushed the "OMFG THE TERROR THREAT LEVEL IS RED" (based on 3 year old faulty intelligence) over, and over, and over, and over again.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm surprised that the right-wing news outlets can say anything about the current administration causing panic when they pushed the "OMFG THE TERROR THREAT LEVEL IS RED" (based on 3 year old faulty intelligence) over, and over, and over, and over again.
I wanted to mention this:

When it comes to leadership, it is not necessarily "kill 'em all" wins the day.

I noticed that Cheney never mentions Katrina, a horrible failure in leadership. I will never forget how Bush flew over New Orleans when people needed water and food.

I think the Swine Flu does not look like a catastrophe like Katrina, but it seems like Obama is ahead of the game. As a President should be.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yes Biden has " blundered " his way to one of the longest careers in the Senate.

Big fukkin deal, who doesn't say the wrong things sometimes ?

Certainly, no one on here...

BTW, I've met him. He is a genuine, sincere person.