Quantcast

9T micro drive hub by Canfield Brothers

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
so I'm curious... would a Capreo body fit on a hadley 150 hub... probably not.. but I don't have the 2 parts in front of me to see. Or maybe even the body off that canfield hub onto a hadley.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It "fits" with other shimano hubs (xt for example) BUT it is probably 8mm wider, and that width is the freehub going further into the shell. So does it bolt into another shimano hub? Yes. Will it work without mods? No. Other brands, I'm guessing no, without a special shell.
I have the capreo hub, but will need to make a shell or do some strange mods to make this work with my xt hub
Edit: hopefully this image explains things better- also, if Hadley uses the Shimano "standard" it may bolt up, but you'll probably have the problem I'm having
:(

Last edited:

Tunski

Chimp
Oct 28, 2012
I have been tinkering to modify a normal 150 mm hub to fit capreo cog and I'm allmost there. Actually had this idea few years ago. Structure of the hub is pretty similar to normal hub but you need some tools you don't find from average garage. Instead of innovation I would call it a great idea.

Pictures coming soon.

supramk388

Chimp
Oct 20, 2010
Albuquerque
yea i'm already running 1x10 with a 30t up front and 11-36 on a 240s hub for my trail bike. i want the smaller front and rear cogs but don't want to add the weight. admittedly it's probably more of the principal than anything, but a $300 135mm hub built for trail riding shouldn't have to weight 400g.
Its about 340 grams, very nice hub BTW running one all season with no issues.

If you want weight wennie hubs have you looked into Tune? They are lighter than you DT Swiss ones. They are about 450.00 for the rear and about 210 for the front hub but very light.

Tunski

Chimp
Oct 28, 2012
Finally got some time to assemble the hub. I just need to get new 32t ring and chain to test it.

9T_final.jpg

student

Chimp
May 28, 2012
Tunski, any more info on how you have managed that?
What parts & tools did you use etc.

I would be very interested and greatfull for the info

Thanks

Tunski

Chimp
Oct 28, 2012
I had to cut down the freehub and machine new threads. Pink one is normal size freehub and yellow is what I got now. Also had to make special part so I can attach the capreo lockring. Now free hub is running on three bearing instead of two. Haven't had a change to test yet thoug.

I used Superstar freehub because it fits to spesialized hub and its aluminum so its easier to machine. Hubs are the same, only hub shell shape and freehub material is different.

I saw same kind of modification on some Asian forum few years ago but I've lost link to it.

Tools you mostly need is NC-lathe. Manufacturers could easily make these kind of conversion kits if they would like to.

cut_view.JPG

student

Chimp
May 28, 2012
Tunski, thanks for the responce and the diagram.

I was assuming you were using Capreo freehub, on some other shimano hub. You have instead modified one.
I am aware that I would need special tool for the Capreo ring.

Thanks

Last edited: