Quantcast

(_o)(_o) Wednesday go away GMT (o_)(o_)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rainy and windy hurricane remnant brought rain and wind. Because I am bored, I've taken apart one of the double hung windows in the dining room as it needs some maintenance love and new putty. Based on the process and the state of the wood and weather stripping, no-one has done this since the house was built in 1936. :think:
A massive can of worms has been opened, and I haven't fixed the leaking wooden rain gutters yet. :panic:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I showed up for my department's annual group photo then immediately left to get a paintless dent repair estimate for the Land Cruiser. (Someone dinged my driver's rear door in the last few weeks, likely in the employee garage. Gah.) Then a little tricycle maintenance at home, climbing in a bit, then picking up my 5010 from Golden Bike Shop.

:notbadobama:

At some point I'll make some edits on a paper I've been working on, too, but after a hard couple of days much of the day is dedicated to nothing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Knee hurts. Cortisone shot scheduled for Monday. Discussion about how to handle the unrelated meniscus tear during the same appt as well. Giddy.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
As recorded on a trail last Friday, I've been waiting until today to post it...I'm so clever

Thought about posting it on a work social media account that I manage, but somehow I doubt it would illicit
many Beavis & Butthead chuckles.
NSFW tags please, we're not all Ted Cruz at work.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Skip straight to 1m18s:
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I've been having trouble with the caulk I bought actually, but it seems they don't make another latex version that will work... I spent a lot of time in Home Depot this morning. I wonder how long it takes to ship from New Zealand... that guy sure had a nice deck....

Yerp, about a year now.
Where you been riding?

Professional Ski Instructors of America-archaic old school organization for these types...
Nice! Where are you teaching? I've been at one ski school for so long and it's so mellow I don't need it, but have considered getting it for the personal benefits. How was the class?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Speaking of Roadies, the maintenance guy at the hotel where I stay in Brevard asked if I was a mountain biker after I asked where the key to the hose was in case my bike got too muddy to bring inside. He said some riders will actually wash their bike in the shower. Then he looks at me says, "Roadies are obnoxious".:rofl:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I've been having trouble with the caulk I bought actually, but it seems they don't make another latex version that will work... I spent a lot of time in Home Depot this morning. I wonder how long it takes to ship from New Zealand... that guy sure had a nice deck....

Where you been riding?

Nice! Where are you teaching? I've been at one ski school for so long and it's so mellow I don't need it, but have considered getting it for the personal benefits. How was the class?
I teach at Eldora a small locals hill here in CO. Super chill vibe and good folks there. its super chill too. I took lots of clinics last season but no PSIA classes yet. planning on getting my level1 this January.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Where you been riding?
Primarily Tiger as it is the closest and rather fun. Did the new stuff off Exit 27 once before breaking my thumb.

Hit up Kachess, Mission ridge, Suntop/Skookum Flats a few times. Devil's Gulch for after work rides. Feel like I am just getting used the very different terrain and dirt compared VA.

How is the stuff near Renton?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Primarily Tiger as it is the closest and rather fun. Did the new stuff off Exit 27 once before breaking my thumb.

Hit up Kachess, Mission ridge, Suntop/Skookum Flats a few times. Devil's Gulch for after work rides. Feel like I am just getting used the very different terrain and dirt compared VA.

How is the stuff near Renton?
Nice! I did Tiger last week and am itching to get better so I can go back, that's the closest trail with any meat to it. I can pedal to the Tapeworm area from my door; it's easy and fun, technical, nothing too special, but I'm sure thankful they are there!

You've done a lot of trails on my list--I get in the habit of going to what's closest, but am really only 45 mins away from Suntop/Skookum. Devil's Gultch is one I've had my eye on for a long time, but it's way out there!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nice! I did Tiger last week and am itching to get better so I can go back, that's the closest trail with any meat to it. I can pedal to the Tapeworm area from my door; it's easy and fun, technical, nothing too special, but I'm sure thankful they are there!

You've done a lot of trails on my list--I get in the habit of going to what's closest, but am really only 45 mins away from Suntop/Skookum. Devil's Gultch is one I've had my eye on for a long time, but it's way out there!

Devil's gulch is worth the drive once a year or so. Views are awesome, the descent goes forever, and you have the choice of smooth and flowy (gulch) or a little more tech (ridge). The climb is a slog but you can shuttle if you're a quitter.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I worked on my RC truck a bit then took it for a spin out front of the house. Apparently the neighbors across the street don't like the sound of it ripping around after 10 pm. Harrumph.

(Might I note that we are about 1/2 mile from Dick's Sporting Goods Park, which has ridiculously loud nighttime concerts now and then.)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Goss hawk swooped in and ate a few Squirrels. She hits the ground pretty hard. Wakes me up each time. Kitty hates her.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I worked on my RC truck a bit then took it for a spin out front of the house. Apparently the neighbors across the street don't like the sound of it ripping around after 10 pm. Harrumph.

(Might I note that we are about 1/2 mile from Dick's Sporting Goods Park, which has ridiculously loud nighttime concerts now and then.)

Had a retired cop who lived across the street from me completely lose his shit because I was working on an idling car at 8:30PM. The same asshole busted out a leaf blower each morning to clean off his porch and driveway.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Had a retired cop who lived across the street from me completely lose his shit because I was working on an idling car at 8:30PM. The same asshole busted out a leaf blower each morning to clean off his porch and driveway.
Was it the Volvo, though? I can imagine it had an unconventional idle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was it the Volvo, though? I can imagine it had an unconventional idle.
Yes. The Volvo sounds much more like half of an American V8 than a riced out Honda and was properly silenced, I installed two high flow mufflers in series. Redneck pickup trucks rumbled through that neighborhood with little more than a set of $20 glasspacks constantly. The guy was just a jerk with some anger issues.