Quantcast

"A Band Called Pain"

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
These guys are pretty good if i do say so my self...they're an all black metal/rock band from the sanfransico bay area...they just came out with their first cd...i'm always looking for new bands and this one is one i like quite a bit

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
sevendust...one of my favorite metal bands...the lead singer is black
I think that whoosh you hear might have been my point going over your head. I'm sure Narlus will rush in and deliver a swift kick to my left gonad if I'm wrong but as far as I know rock was pretty much invented by black Americans. These guys seem pretty generic to me though. YMMV.

Feb 8, 2007
A band called Pain? Yeah, I love them. "Midgets With Guns" circa 1996 is a great album.

"Pose, pose, nobody knows, just what we go through for one of these shows. We have sweat on our nut sacks and corns on our toes..."

Lyrical geniuses.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
All I can say is Living Colour.
wankery. vernon reid could overplay like no one since steve vai.

i would have to say that all-black rock bands are more of a gimmick than anything else (as per VB's comments, i'd say that rock used the blues as a backbone, and this stuff was created by old black dudes, but it's not like the mid 60s were filled w/ black rock groups). fishbone had a few decent songs, but Bad Brains are the real deal, and possibly the only one.

now if you branch out into funk, well, parliament/funkadelic, black merda, bar-kays, etc....all those guys rule. eddie hazel in particular was a player