Quantcast

A day with Ann Coulter...(Not Safe for Work!)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
little annie spoke at St Thomas catholic school recently, & here's what the nay-sayers had to say about it:
St. Thomas president denounces Ann Coulter's speech as hateful
Matt McKinney
Star Tribune
Published April 26, 2005

The president of the University of St. Thomas on Monday condemned a speech at the Catholic school last week by conservative author Ann Coulter, saying "such hateful speech vulgarizes our culture and goes against everything the University of St. Thomas stands for."

The Rev. Dennis Dease wrote in Bulletin Today, a university newsletter, that "although her presentation may have been meant as an 'act' or a 'shtick' to entertain by provoking those who disagree, such behavior unfortunately contributes to the growing dark side of our culture -- a disrespect for persons and their sincerely held beliefs."

Coulter spoke at the university on April 18. She was a guest of the school's chapter of the College Republicans and a student newspaper, the Standard, but neither organization paid her speaking fee. That was covered by the Young America's Foundation, a Herndon, Va., organization that bills itself as an outreach program for conservative youth.

A St. Thomas student who heard Coulter said he understood how her comments could have hurt others.

"I knew kind of what she stood for," said Dominic Kramer, a senior political science major. "One thing that disappointed me overall, from both sides, was the feeling of tension in the room. I think Ann was very well aware of that. That's what feeds her fire, if you will."

Coulter spoke at St. Olaf College the day before she visited St. Thomas. The president of St. Olaf, Christopher Thomforde, said students told him that her comments were inflammatory for little reason.

"You'd want a kind of intersection between faithfulness and respect and commitment along with intelligent critique and analysis," he said Monday night. "The issues are highly complicated, and to just sort of incite people is not helpful."

Coulter's booking agent, Walker Hayes, declined Monday to contact her for comment. "We get this sort of stuff all the time, so we're not the ones to trouble her with that," he said.
i posted the entire article in hopes that someone else can find what it is she said that was so hateful, hurtful, or offensive, for i could not.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Got a not found message even when I typed it correctly...has it been taken down?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
MikeD said:
Got a not found message even when I typed it correctly...has it been taken down?
nope, it's still there. Try a www in front of the url.

I really should have included a tinyurl link, but I didn't want anyone to click on it and get pissed off at me. It really is crude. I thought that if people wanted to see it badly enough to type in the link, I would be absolved of wrongdoing :D

If you still can't get it, pm me.