Quantcast

A few good DJ shots

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
those are sick! How much property is that on? I want to build something similar to that

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
NineFingers said:
It's not that expensive to rent a bobcat for a day or two. If I had the acreage, that's what I'd be doing!
how difficult are they to opperate?

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
a bobcat is really easy, you just get beat around alot due to the fact that they have no suspension. Its basically 2 pedals and 2 sticks. You can pick it up in a few tries

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Showa said:
Where are those? I ve been trying to find a well made DJ line forever.
They are in Gig Harbor. They were built by one of the local ripper bmx'rs from our shop. The locals get really pissed off when mountain bikers come out there, so if you go make sure you can jump those type of jumps well! I have seen those guys go off on mountain bikers for screwing up their lips and landings! But the guys I have seen out there had no business trying to jump them.

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
I cringed when I saw this thread start.IMO it'll be the end of those trails.Hope it works out for you,but it's been my experience that it won't.Too bad..........looks good:(

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
jeepmauler said:
I cringed when I saw this thread start.IMO it'll be the end of those trails.Hope it works out for you,but it's been my experience that it won't.Too bad..........looks good:(
Well I hate to tell you there glum, but those dirtjumps were built and are maintained as a city park. The city of Gig Harbor donated the land and the equipment to build the park. My buddy Dom just helped in the design and the building of them. They aren't going anywhere! :nope: The local guys stepped up and rather than digging at some location where the jumps would be destined to get torn down, they got together with the city and created a killer spot for guys who don't skateboard and can't utilize the Gig Harbor skatepark.

Props to the BMX'rs! :thumb: