Quantcast

A Friday Night Ride with MBC and IAB (pics inside)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Well tonight was an amazingly beautiful night and MBC, IAB and I hit the West Hartford Reservoir for a post work ride.

It was a great ride -- I made some seatpost height and saddle adjustments and felt way more comfortable on my bike and I felt really good about how I rode tonight. I was cleaning sections that I struggle with and riding with more speed too.

Our ride was followed up with salad, pizza and drinks at Barb's pizza! YUMMM Good pizza.

And good times!

Here's IAB sporting his new Golden Orange Xen!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Here comes Babs! This is a little techy section - that I've seen some guys just rip and fly off of it and clear a little rock protrusion at the bottom.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Phil getting close........there is a spot to roll it ......Babs took that route today. I'm sure he could huck it, but he wasn't wearing his elbow pads. ;) :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
And last but not least here is MBC ripping it up through a technical rock garden.......it is much tougher in person than it looks in the photos.......lots of tricky angles in there as this is a rock garden full of pointy rocks slanted at all sorts or weird angles.

MBC rocked through it with no problems.:cool: :D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Indeed they do! A great way to end a hectic work week that's for sure.

This is the third beautiful Friday in a row that I've hit the Reservoir. I'm thinking it is going to become a regular thing and perhaps even a tradition. :cool: :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by splat
IAB , Whats with the New Brain Bucket ? was it damaged on that fall off the rock ?
He cracked his E2 on that fall in Nam - so now he's a pumpkin head.

Actually I like how the Xen protects the back of your noggin really well.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
way cool pics of some of the most awesome monkeys.

And MMcG must be a pro-rider to always get ahead of IAB and MBC to be taking pics of 'em! Why no pics of MMcG?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
IAB has those - and I actually was out front a lot tonight.

I made some subtle adjustments to my seat hight and saddle position and it made a HUGE difference!

IAB and MBC are probably getting all snuggly and stuff so you probably won't see any photos from Babs'camera tonight. ;) :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by berkshire_rider
Nice. I'm going to try and ride with you guys on some of the weekends this summer. Do you still go to Nepaug? I want to go back there again. Shenipsit, too.
We've only been to Nepaug a couple of times but I love that place. We will most definitely hit that place this year. There are a couple of hairy drops I've been eyeing.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by splat
IAB , Whats with the New Brain Bucket ? was it damaged on that fall off the rock ?
Splatster, I didn't notice the cracked styrofoam in my helmet until last weekend. The shell was fine, but there were several cracks inside the helmet. Better the helmet than my noggin.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Last pic. Seems like we always encounter wildlife here. :) The deer don't seem to care about us peoples.
dude that deer looks haggard!!!! You can tell she went thru a tough winter.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Nice pics! :thumb: We've gotta get together & ride sometime...those trails look fun! :D

We didn't get very many good ones from our ride last night. We kept forgetting to take pics! Oh well...I'll post a couple.