Quantcast

a Group of CT riders came up to visit

splat

Nam I am
And IAB , MBC and MMcG were not amoug them !! :nope:

But TonyHawk and Big game ( and 8 other riders) joined Me and IF_rider for a Lovely tour around the Vietnam.

After last night and the leaves falling almost as fast as the rain , the trails were covered with slippery wet leaves .

Here is Tony Hawk riding What used to be Jolleytime's Bullit, and look at the leaves .

Mark Help me with Names here !

Here is Playiing on Whale Rock

Big game going up this rock, usually this is a Downward type of line.

a Tough Spine of a rock.

Big Game on the other side of that same rock .

Then there is this rocky Gap that is just brutal to ride through.

this is a little rock spine ride . I slide out trying to get up it . it was quite slick.

This bridge was just recently repaired , it has been broken for a long time. But the rock up top was very slick and trying to get up on it , didn't work

This is called the diving board , there is about a 2 foot drop at the bottom.

this is just along the trail, Here most rolled it .

He did the same rock with a little speed ( OK a lot ! )

now I have never actaully seen some one do this drop. But the approach was very slippery !

Try # 2 actually making it to the drop.

Ran into the 12 cent crew while we were out there , and here is hardrock from the 12 cent crew, doing a new roller

Big game Doing a drop.

same drop Different angle

Down By the spider

After this we went down the new trail that Was cut last week. this was the first time I rode that trial. It was fun.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Looks like a blast! Wish we had decent drops like that around my parts! Maybe I can convince bershire_rider to make a road trip with me sometime before the snow flies!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
good stuff. i haven't ridden nam in about 2+ years. last time i was there i almost cleaned that rocky gap for the 1st time, but got stopped by a rider in front of me. maybe next time.

hey splat, you ever ride anywhere else but nam? ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
McGRP01 said:
Looks like a blast! Wish we had decent drops like that around my parts! Maybe I can convince bershire_rider to make a road trip with me sometime before the snow flies!!
:think: We have a few nice jumps & rock drops....you just gotta know where to look ;)

splat

Nam I am
narlus said:
hey splat, you ever ride anywhere else but nam? ;)
yes I do, But Nam is my favorite because it literarally is My back yard! I ride out from My house down the street and into the woods. it is very convienent.

I also Ride
Lake whitehall, Upton SF , Peppercorn Hill, MT Pisgah ( Northboro/Berlin Conservation) Hopkington SP, Callahan , Foxboro, Blackstone Canal, The Rayburn Trails , Edmond Hill ,Westboro charm Bracelet , etc ,etc

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
That was a great ride Splat. As always, thanks for being a gracious host and excellent tour guide. I took a stick to the eye early on, and its pretty red and a little swollen, but that didn't stop me from taking today off to ride Meshomasic! We'l have to plan an all day epic there in the spring...

As far as names you missed, QM (Quesadilla Man) was on the black VP Free, the guy on the gray VP Free who has absolutely no fear was Cash~n~Burn, the yellow Bullit was GBigs (should stand for Goes Big Sucka if it doesn't already), and the guy with the gray switchblade helmet is one of Big Games friends - Tankass I think. The rest, I don't know.

I take it the shot of the only drop I did all day didn't come out good?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
splat said:
yes I do, But Nam is my favorite because it literarally is My back yard! I ride out from My house down the street and into the woods. it is very convienent.

I also Ride
Lake whitehall, Upton SF , Peppercorn Hill, MT Pisgah ( Northboro/Berlin Conservation) Hopkington SP, Callahan , Foxboro, Blackstone Canal, The Rayburn Trails , Edmond Hill ,Westboro charm Bracelet , etc ,etc
i like foxboro, and did a ride w/ bill boles once that also went into wrentham (near the 495 underpass) which was cool. douglas SF and upton SF ain't bad either and have heard good things about the blackstone area (purgatory :sneaky: ).

what's whitehall like? i guy i used to work w/ fished there a lot.

give a shout if you ever wanna check out stuff this way.

splat

Nam I am
tonyhawk said:
I took a stick to the eye early on, and its pretty red and a little swollen, but that didn't stop me from taking today off to ride Meshomasic!

I take it the shot of the only drop I did all day didn't come out good?

when did the stick get you in the eye ? I missed that

and sadly the shot of you dropping the monster 15 footer didn't come out.

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
splat said:
when did the stick get you in the eye ? I missed that
50 feet into the ride - before the first small bridge crossing. It's looking much better today.

splat said:
and sadly the shot of you dropping the monster 15 footer didn't come out.
guess I'll have to come back and do it again ...