Quantcast

A nice taste of fall

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
So, some of my favorite foods around this time of year involve hearty bean soups, squash, and anything I can bake and add parmasen to. Yesterday I decided to see what I could make and I came up with this.

First: EVOO infused with herbs d'provence, curry, garlic, and oregano. (just mix the stuff in, heat it up and let the oils combine...saw this on the cooking channel, it works quite nicely).

Ingredients:
4lb Butternut squash
Day old and stale sourdough bread cubed
2 links hot Italian Sausage
1/2 can Cannellini beans
1/2 can red kidney beans
1/2 large white onion
1 egg
Fresh grated parm

Cut squash in half, rub both sides with the infused OO mix and bake for 40-ish minutes at 400*. It should be easily stickable with a fork. Set out to cool and scoop a channel out of the squash. Chunk up the sausage and cook it up. Things should now be smelling pretty good. Throw in the onion, then mix in the beans, cubes of bread, the egg, and the chunks of squash you cut out. Season with a bit of salt and pepper if you wish, but the sausage should be enough.

Once the sausage is cooked scoop the mix into the squash channels, top with the grated cheese and set under the broiler to brown.

I split this between my roommate and I. It was quite a meal and we had a bunch of the sausage mix left over. It warms the stomach and is quite hearty. Loads of carbs and proteins. I was fairly stoked on it.

The Ito