Quantcast

A shoe that isn't fugly?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I've finally convinced my wife she should try clipless pedals. Can any of you fine ladies recommend a shoe that isn't ridiculously fugly? She'd like a clipless-compatible shoe that you can also walk around in.

Something maybe like this shimano shoe but more feminine. Basically, a skate shoe with a cleat.

Thanks!

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
these (not women's specific, but I don't run women's specific shoes and haven't had a problem).
That's good to know since every women's shoe suggested is too small. She's tall (5-10) and has big feet, size 11, though she might fit a 10.5. She might just have to wear fugly shoes....

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
taho is not WSD, either. I love mine, has just the right kind of sticky sole, cleats are recessed enough so that if you walk around in them they don't click on the floor.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Whatever you do, don't get her these... I wore these for Midnight Madness last Saturday. By mile 18, I was hating life. Worst. Cycling. Shoes. Ever.

:D
(it was a "I-wear-bike-clothes-to-the-office-so-I-need to-wear-office-clothes-on-the-bike" kind of moment...)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Whatever you do, don't get her these... I wore these for Midnight Madness last Saturday. By mile 18, I was hating life. Worst. Cycling. Shoes. Ever.

:D
(it was a "I-wear-bike-clothes-to-the-office-so-I-need to-wear-office-clothes-on-the-bike" kind of moment...)

I should forward that picture to her. She'd love it. :bonk: How many times did you bust your ass walking around?