Quantcast

A Spud Gun in every home

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Growing up, my best friends dad was a Tulare county deputy. He taught us how to build our first potato cannon after he'd arrested and confiscated one from someone else. Between myself, my friend, and my brother, we could have equipped the whole neighborhood with spud guns by the end of the year. /coolstorybro.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
We had our own little arms race in our neighborhood...spud guns, tennis ball cannons, wrist rockets, model rocket engine powered projectiles...its a wonder none of were killed or became politicians.

Not to mention molotov cocktails, pipe bombs and the occasional conventional bb or pellet gun. And roman candle fights. Those were interesting...

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
TLDW, I had a half moon bruise on my leg for ages when the back cap blew outof one of mine. Also forgot I had two oranges in one gun and one smacked the other causing a stupid pressure wave that spun the gun and I around and it hit a brick wall and went boom.
With the first gun we couldn't get it to fire so we decided to try a tiny spray of Aerostart and a frozen orange missed a brand new car by about 3m.

My last one was a spud gun with an igniter inside it but someone stole it from my work place, it was so much cheaper than shhoting oranges.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
It was a sporty bit of political theatre to drown out rational debate with nonsense. Curious tactic, I think it backfired, but will in no way affect the outcome. Idaho will still vote red as meat.