Quantcast

A very important day in November...

J

JRB

I thought he was gonna say my birthday, but I too was wrong.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
golgiaparatus said:
Check my quote from Stosh's "its almost time thread"

I WILL be sick on Nov 9th... Guarenteed, I just cant decide if I'm going to have the Flu or a Migraine.
Migraine. For real, after playing 12 straight hours.

You on Xboxlive?

A guy I work with is giving me the year starter pack for free - he's getting it from his new DSL service and he has no Xbox. Free things are cool.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
bomberz1qr20 said:
Migraine. For real, after playing 12 straight hours.

You on Xboxlive?

A guy I work with is giving me the year starter pack for free - he's getting it from his new DSL service and he has no Xbox. Free things are cool.
No but I got a system link and a buddy with 2 nice TV's. We do 2 on 2 a lot with the screen split. Its pretty fun, not as fun as Xbox live, but I have other priorities right now $$ wise so Xlive will have to wait.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
HALO 2
HELL YEAH!!!!
me and a buddy have wasted many an hour in front of the TV screen playing co-operative mode on the first halo.
halo 2 is gonna make the winter months a lot more enjoyable.

J

JRB

Echo said:
I think rather than buying the new computer that would be required to play that game, I'll buy a new bike.
Word to yo mutha. :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Why not play a game where the stakes are much higher than HALO 2?

Something with unparalled realism and excitement? Where you can play with the latest in technology?

www.army.mil

Don't be a poser... be real.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
N8 said:
Why not play a game where the stakes are much higher than HALO 2?

Something with unparalled realism and excitement? Where you can play with the latest in technology?

www.army.mil

Don't be a poser... be real.
Who is being a poser? It's a game. Are all those people playing Monopoly just "Poser Real Estate Tycoons"?

All that Donkey Kong playing, and those kids are just "Poser Plumbers"?

Twister = "Poser Yoga"?

And sorry, but reducing the role of the army to a "game" and "playing" with technology is the same underhanded marketing strategy they've been using for years. "Oooohh... cool real life Army Toys"

It's volunteering to make people dead, plain and simple.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
bomberz1qr20 said:
It's volunteering to make people dead, plain and simple.
I never made anyone dead when I was in the Marines. I got to shoot all kinds of cool guns and blow stuff up. You should join and quit wasting your life with video games. :p

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
BurlySurly said:
I never made anyone dead when I was in the Marines. I got to shoot all kinds of cool guns and blow stuff up. You should join and quit wasting your life with video games. :p
Good for you. I'll join a gun club and light off cans of gasoline in my neighbors yard, that should work for me.

After working 50+ hours a week, raising a kid, playing drums in a rock band, being a good man to my fiance, finding some time to ride my bike, etc, the Halo is a nice distraction. Not exactly a life waster.

Incidentally some of the troops over in Iraq dig it too...

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=armyhalotxt2

BurlySurly said:
lol...when I was in the Navy, that's where I was introduced to fighting games, it's a favorite past time on a ship and on shore. Video games do waste alot of time, but to some video games are like bikes to other's. You'd be surprised how many people from different cultures, races, age groups and genders are online, it's not just a kid thing anymore.