Quantcast

A week off the bike

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I ended up getting really drunk and partying until 5.30am last Thursday and the put an end to my riding week. Turning 38 and man do you pay the price for a fun time but it was a fun night. So with the super perfect weather we are having I was finally back on the bike yesterday. Rusty and not breathing as efficiently but after 15 miles I got most of the rust out of the system and managed 26 miles total. I wish I could have gotten on the bike sooner as I am sure it would have helped me get over the hang over and lack of sleep but this weekend was one big Easter celebration.

Hopefully more riding tonight :thumb:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I wish I had the time to do longer rides but the family needs attention. Best I can do is normally to squeeze in a 2 hour ride at the end of the day but its not always the easiest to fall asleep after a ride while the body is still pumping.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
I ended up getting really drunk and partying until 5.30am last Thursday and the put an end to my riding week. Turning 38 and man do you pay the price for a fun time but it was a fun night. So with the super perfect weather we are having I was finally back on the bike yesterday. Rusty and not breathing as efficiently but after 15 miles I got most of the rust out of the system and managed 26 miles total. I wish I could have gotten on the bike sooner as I am sure it would have helped me get over the hang over and lack of sleep but this weekend was one big Easter celebration.

Hopefully more riding tonight :thumb:
Gotta train your friends. I bring a bike + gear to a party, say I need to go ride, they ask for how long, and when I return, have a fresh bottle of drip (that they correctly made) and a beer waiting for me.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I have a personal rule that I pretty much never cancel a ride due to a hangover. Forcing myself to suffer through a ride helps me keep it in check next time, and of course I usually feel better after working the toxins out of my system.

It's something I learned as a young kid working in bike shops. The idea is that I'd be on track for real problems if I let partying get in the way of riding. Doesn't sound like an issue for you but still.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
When I was a messenger I'd regularly get utterly demolished the night before work. Happily, riding like a maniac seemed to be the best hangover cure.