Quantcast

achilles

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My achilles tendon hurts soooo bad the morning after I ride. When I get out of bed I can barely walk until I stretch my achilles for a few seconds. Anyone else have this problem?

I stretch my achilles as much as possible and it still hasn't helped.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
You need to combine a rigorous stretching routine with a period of rest. Take it easy for a while, stretch a lot. Keep stretching even after it seems that the pain has subsided. Soak in the tub. Drink beer. Reeeeeelaaaaaaxxxx...........

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I can do that........ ya, ya, ya, I can really do that. ;)

Does anyone else have this problem with their achilles?

Also, if I rub my heals they are super sore.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
get that CHECKED! I ruptured my achilles a little over a year ago playing Raquetball (of all things) I was laid up for 4 months on crutches and it was a good 6 before I was back to regular activity. It is a VERY VERY bad injury to sustain. Stretch stretch and stretch.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
OMG. Doing anything to you achielles sounds like it hurts. Its like a taught rope that is just waiting to be cut. I heard that is one of the most painful things to happen to your body. Yea def. do strength training. Do calf raises and other things that will help that area. You def. dont wanna hurt that area.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
JMAC said:
1 word TENDONITIS just let it rest. Beer helps to....

Ive had it for over a year and it hasn't gotten any better. The day after every ride, I can barely walk for a few minutes when I first get out of bed....

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
I've had the same problems for the past few months. I'm training for the upcoming season and it's almost here. I've been kina worried about it, hoping it won't get worse. Mine isn't as bad as yours sounds, but its there, same symptoms. I usually ice it after a ride.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Ive been training a lot and its about the same as it was last year. It really bothers me if we do a lot of pushing our bikes uphill. I must just have a short achilles. I stretch it all the time but it still really bothers me.

The funny thing is that it only bothers me in the morning when I get up. I sleep on my stomach so my toes are pointed and my achilles is shortened and healing shortened when I sleep. Make sense?

Ill keep streching and see how things go. If I rub my heals the pain is really bad and sore. More stretching and working out I guess.

CMT2B

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Loveland, Colorado
Stop before you pull that thing right off it's attachment site! (heal!)

You need a MD to look at it, probably MRI before you do permanent damage to it, really. It needs rest or it won't start to heal.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Its been like this for a year or more. I took about 2 months off to rest a terribly sprained ankle and its still there. The ankle is a lot better but the achilles pain is back and in both.

I forgot to mention that I stand for 10-12 hours a day at work. I thought it had something to do with work but it only gets worse after rides. If I dont ride for a week its better even though I have been at work.