Quantcast

acid reflux diets???

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
so i have a form of acid reflux called GERD where my stomach doesn't empty out all the way and i get a build up of acids yada yada yada....some of you guys may remember my thread about me throwing up blood a while back and that was caused from me throwing up so much the night before that i tore up my esophagus...and i threw up because i drank too much and alcohol really triggers acid reflux.

so basically along with new meds i need to change my diet...the doctor said to stay away from carbonated drinks, foods with high fat contents, spicy foods, gum...stuff like that...i was wondering if anyone here has acid reflux or GERD and if so what do you eat to help keep it under control but also make it so it's not so boring to eat

gonefirefightin

free wieners
lets start off with a list of no-no's

carbonated beverages
chocolate
anything tomato
salsa
orange juice
apple juice
fast food
doughnuts
coffee

these things are the biggies I can think of right off the bat.

couple tips....eat several hours before bed or excersise. milk works well when the meds arent. dont think of it as restrictions. it actually forces you to eat healthier and you will like it

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Sorry to hear about your ish mate. A bunch of us on the monkey have been in your exact same place at some time or another.

As for advice, there have already been several threads and posts about how to deal with your acid reflux and manage your diet. I will say these two things 1) do NOT stop taking your meds. Your body didn't magically heal itself from the last time you were off meds. 2) A lot of my diet has been based off trial-and-error. I can only drink about half a cup of coffee a day, but can drink orange juice until my piss turns color. Go figure.