Quantcast

Adaptive Downhill Biking

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Alright guys. A buddy of mine who's paraplegic was just on vacation in Colorado and tried adaptive downhill mtb for the first time. He's pretty much hooked and is now looking for places back home that he can go. He lives in southeast PA near me, Which mountains in New England offer adaptive cycling? riding / getting up the mountain? rentals? I've heard Killington, Mt Snow, and Thunder all allow it, but unsure if they have adaptive rentals.

He travels frequently (single no kids) so he is kinda hoping to get back out west again. So he's looking for potential destinations out west too.

any help is appreciated.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Windham is actually one of the premier places in the world for adaptive skiing. Maybe give them a call?

I doubt that renting will be an option at most places though, unfortunately.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Windham is actually one of the premier places in the world for adaptive skiing. Maybe give them a call?

I doubt that renting will be an option at most places though, unfortunately.
they only have 4 trails total, 1 of which would be suitable for adaptive bikes. at least for a beginner.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
they only have 4 trails total, 1 of which would be suitable for adaptive bikes. at least for a beginner.
I think you missed my point. Being that they're into adaptive sports, they might be able to guide you and him better than some dudes arguing about a barn car vs Roth Ira.

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I'm not politically correct, but am I the only one who finds it uncomfortable that they have their adaptive sports program and a double black diamond run called "Wheelchair"?

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
You asked for somewhere for him to rent a special piece of equipment and ride it...

The odds of them directing you in the right direction are a lot better than us.

I'm not telling you to ride there.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
thunder had a video of a couple of riders going down a few trails with adaptive machines. I doubt they rent, but they may be able to put you/your friend in touch with a source for one of those bikes. they might demo or something. Thunder has a couple of trails that may be suitable to adaptive athletes. A lot of their "flow" garbage is paved very wide.