Quantcast

Adobe premiere/video editing help

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
Im making a video for an english project, and am saving it to my computer. Anyways, whenever i save it as a windows media, or real media, i dont get pixels, but i get lots of horizontal lines that lower the picture quality. Does anyone know of a way to compress or export the video so that i do not get the horizontal lines?
thanks

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I have used Final Cut Pro and we saved everything as Quicktime files. I don't know why. Just what we were told to do. I forget the resolution settings, but we saved clips at 29.7 frames per second, the same as MiniDV tapes. Is there any way you can hook it up to a monitor? Sometimes what you see on the comp screen is different from what the final tape will look like, but I think that has more to do with the overall picture quality, not lines.
I don't think this will help you much:(

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
thats the thing, i have to play the video on my computer because we are doing the presentation outside, so im not going to be able to use a TV.

Okay, i render the video, save it all, etc etc. i do export to windows media player, i do the 2 mbps version, (i think thats the highest quality) and im using the newest version of the windows media player to view the video

How do you tell which codec you have?

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
okay, so i want to de-interlace the video, is there a way to do that on premiere? i read that web page and honestly dont really understand what its talking about. Can someone tell me how to de interlace the video?

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
I've sometimes run into interlacing problems when the frame size does not match up....if you are editing at 720x486 and you default export settings may be something like 720x540, that will cause the interlacing to be very noticeable.

So check your export settings and make sure they match up. Also look at your export frame rate...24, 29.97, 30....if these are not matched up they can compound interlacing on final presentation. You can also look to see if there if there are any 30"p" settings, and go progressive scanning on final output..that is preferred for LCD type displays...also, ratchet back your computer resolution to match your frames size, your monitor maybe a higher rez than your project, thereby exposing otherwise unseen flaws.

...hope some of this helps.
Bill.

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
look for field dominance.....your default fireld dominance should match the field dominance of your ingested video.....as a general rule, most non-linear editors default automatically to "lower field first"