Quantcast

Adware

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I have some adware on this pile of crap PC. Spybot won't kill it. Suggestions? Would like to hear about free and paid utilities.

Thanks!

vondur

Chimp
Jan 7, 2004
So CAl
What is the program/adware that is causing the trouble?

I have some adware on this pile of crap PC. Spybot won't kill it. Suggestions? Would like to hear about free and paid utilities.

Thanks!

vondur

Chimp
Jan 7, 2004
So CAl
Ridemonkey said:
The thing that keeps coming back is listed by Spybot as "DSO exploit".

I thought adaware cost $$ now?
Don't worry about the DSO exploit. It comes from Windows Media player, and after Spybot fixes it, Windows Media Player will restore it again.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Ad-aware did the job. The problem I had before is that I searched for it on Google and got a bunch of competitors that try to pass themselves off as ad-aware and charge you for the software. Download.com had the real ad-aware and it was still free.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
The thing that keeps coming back is listed by Spybot as "DSO exploit".

I thought adaware cost $$ now?
Adaware basic is free.

That's annoying, I got the same thing. Spybot sees it, then you tell it to kill it, and it comes back in the next scan. I run Adaware also, but it doesn't kill it either.

Tru

Chimp
Dec 13, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, I'm an idiot when it comes to computers and this is all probably going to sound so simple to you guys so please help me. All I ever do on a pc is get on RM and check my email basically. I was online two nights ago trying researching trucks because I plan on getting a new one this fall, and now my homepage has changed, and no matter how many times I try to change it back it keeps changing to the same thing, and now I'm getting all these popups about protecting myself from spyware. Isn't spyware what caused the problem in the first place?? Someone please help me make sense of this and tell me how to fix it. :help:

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Yep, spyware did it. Download adaware and spy bot, update and run both, your problems should be fixed.

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
I started having the same problems with IE6 like y'all on my WIN XP. I deleted the IE 6 from my HD and downloaded Mozilla Firefox. I'm sick and tired of having to constantly fix my IE with a gazillion popup blockers, Adware, and Spybot. Mozilla rocks and I haven't seen an annoying popup or any bugs like you not being able to save the homepage. It reverts back to this stuooopid blank page that has "Search for..." on the right corner and a bunch of lame indeces and website directories. :angry:

IE need to be fixed! There are a gazillion bugs and I'm sick of having to clean it out. :eviltongu