Quantcast

Affliction Banned MMA

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, what a steaming pile of suck that was. I liked seeing Arlovski beat the piss out of that dude from IFL, and I don't mind paying to see Tim Silvia get his ass handed to him. But overall that was a lot of suck.

Hell, even Dave Mustaine sounded like ass. He still has licks, but his voice sounded awful. And Megadeth is one of my all time favorite bands, too. :disgust:

I'm glad I didn't miss the fights on Spike for that crap. That almost made Elite XC look good.

Am I the only jackass that watched it? If you haven't, you didn't miss anything.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Good to know. Like I've said a few times, heavyweights is the worse division (funny because it is supposed to be the best class in boxing because of the one knockout shot), and I have seen Sylvia and Arlofsky fight too many times to get excited about either one.

I want to see Light Heavyweights first (this is the knockout division) then Welterweights. The Lightweights get fast and furious, and the Middleweights have some good contenders as well.

But for name recognition, LH is where's at.

Last edited:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Good to know. Like I've said a few times, heavyweights is the worse division (funny because it is supposed to be the best class in boxing because of the one knockout shot), and I have seen Sylvia and Arlofsky fight too many times to get excited about either one.

I want to see Light Heavyweights first (this is the knockout division) then Welterweights. The Lightweights get fast and furious, and the Middleweights have some good contenders as well.

But for name recognition, LH is where's at.
You obviously don't know MMA if you think heavyweights are the worse. All of that heavyweight talent rulz, I mean rulz.....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Silvia is painful to watch. Seeing him knocked down then choked out in about 15 seconds was funny though. It was a 5 round "title" fight, good times.

The dude that beat him had quick hands for a big dude. But the Babalu fight just proved to me why I hate MMA in a ring. Every time he got the guy in a choke, he would fall through the ropes and they would have to restart. Also the ring corners are more of a pain than anything.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
You obviously don't know MMA if you think heavyweights are the worse. All of that heavyweight talent rulz, I mean rulz.....
Get your backyard ready. I'm sending Kimbo over to mess you up.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Silvia is painful to watch. Seeing him knocked down then choked out in about 15 seconds was funny though. It was a 5 round "title" fight, good times.

The dude that beat him had quick hands for a big dude. But the Babalu fight just proved to me why I hate MMA in a ring. Every time he got the guy in a choke, he would fall through the ropes and they would have to restart. Also the ring corners are more of a pain than anything.
The thing about Sylvia is the novelty of a good 6'8" fighter. But the novelty has worn off for me.